Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tick season

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Siskin, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Took Isla for a walk in an area which seems to be a ticky place and found one on her. We were heading to the vets to pick up a Seresto collar as it happens, so our timing was good.
    Off to Suffolk soon which definitely has ticks up on the heath, at least we are prepared this time, forgot last year:rolleyes:

2. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

Arrrrggghhh I've just been trying to decide when to re-start Maisie's (she's allergic to ticks so really don't want to risk one)

Asked the vet when I was there a couple of weeks ago & she said March / April depending when it starts to get warmer - still cold in the mornings here but up to 11 deg today

She's got a show on Good Friday (so obviously don't want to be applying one in the few days up to it (in case I get any on her coat :eek:) so may have to hang off until the weekend (so it'll be due just after the show)

3. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Not easy to spot any tiny crawling ticks on Maisie I would think, at least on Isla they show up and we can pick off the little blighters.

4. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

No there's a beeping nightmare to find on her! :(

I used to just take them off Ben - but with them being so hard to find on her, I missed some (which is how I found out she was allergic as it was the huge infected whelt I found when I'd missed several that rang the bell in my head) - just always been easier to treat her since (and better for her)

Been in the woods today so will have a good trawl over her after dinner - and will steer clear until the weekend (when I should be safe to put a treatment on her & it not to need re-done before the show :) )

5. LouLatch

LouLatch PetForums VIP

I hate them they seem to love to eat Tyler. I've ordered some Billy no mates for them.

6. Muttly

Muttly Fluffy Mutts Rule!

Grr, this time of year is nice, but out come all the bugs :(

Luckily Muttly rarely gets ticks. He only had one, from Sandringham and it wasn't attached, it was sitting on the top of his head just hitching a ride o_O :Hilarious
    Perhaps the garlic does actually work!
    I don't go to Sandringham if I can help it, because it has ticks and diseases and he can't go offlead. So hopefully he won't have any this year either.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice