Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tick, scab, skin tag?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Boba, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Boba

Boba PetForums Junior

Earlier today I realised my dog had a black dot on his underbelly at his rear end. My first thought was tick! but I'm finding it difficult to tell. It's a black scab-looking thing only 1mm size which looks like it's lodged in a small pocket of skin. I can't see any legs it's so small but it's quick flat so could be a dead tick? I've tried to take a photo but every time I try to inspect the area my dog freaks out (I don't think it's pain though because he hates me poking around checking things anyway) and I think it's too small for my camera to focus o. It could just be nothing but I'm worried about Lyme's disease- is it safe to leave for a bit to see if it grows any bigger in case it's a tick? I don't really know what to do so any advice is much appreciated!

2. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Could it be a nipple? They can be quite far back. Check if there's one on the other side, or if it looks like his other nipples. Some of the ones on boys are little more than a black spot sometimes.

lorilu, bumbarrel and Torin. like this.
  3. Jimmie O'Chutt

Jimmie O'Chutt PetForums Junior

It doesn't sound like a tick bite. I wouldn't worry too much about it. it could easily be just a pimple.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice