Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tias vet visit.

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by rigsby1967, Apr 12, 2011.

1. rigsby1967

rigsby1967 PetForums Member

The vet checked Tia over, felt the babies, took her temp and said everything is fine (i think i maybe a worring nanny). I asked about a scan of babies but vet said it really isn't neccasary and really is not worth putting Tia under the stress of being shaved again, doing scan ect.
    She did say to bring her back in on Monday if she hasn't had them.

Anyway i bought her home and her waters had started to break as she was leaking a little and she is going into every nook and cranny and starts nesting so i don't think it will be long now :).

rigsby1967

2. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Hoping for a safe and healthy litter of kittens for you and hope mom does well :)

3. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

i will be watching waiting for updates now :D good luck

4. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

have you got her a nesting box & keeping her in one room?
    glad th vets went well :)

5. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

Certainly sounds like they're on their way. Good luck with the labour! :)

The vast majority of labours go smoothy. Your girls instincts should kick in. BUT if you have any questions feel free to ask on here, lots of experienced people will be happy to help you.

Have your vet's number ready too. There can be long delays ( hours) between kittens but if she's straining for a long time with no kittens or if anything worries you, given the vet a quick ring. They'll be able to give you immediate on the phone advice, and it's what you pay them for ;)

Best of luck x

6. Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl PetForums VIP

can she not keep them in there longer ;) cute little baby kittens turn into right naughty feckers (she says as her cats cause carnage in the kitchen ;) )

Seriously good luck to you and puss and hopefully you'll have a litter of gorgeous kittens soon. I take it you are all kitted out with birthing supplies etc (has no clue about this bit but tons of people on the forum are experienced kitten breeders).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice