Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Thursday nights are the worst night of the week!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sleeping_Lion, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Well, they are for me, because on Fridays, I've got to be up at 4am to let the girls have a bit of a comfort break, before I head out to site. Every Friday for the last year, I've had to check on a structure and submit a report detailing any changes, and give updates, now the darker nights are drawing in, and for H&S reasons, it's done during hours of darkness, as the earlier I get to site the more likely it is I can get a proper look at this particular structure, otherwise it might be too busy and unsafe for me to get up close. Added to that, I start a week on call from noon tomorrow, I can't even console myself with a glass of wine later on tomorrow evening, and I'm working again this weekend, I've had one weekend off since about June!

Right, must get a hot drink and then get myself off to bed, as I'll be getting up shortly!! Bah humbug :D

2. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

I feel for you :(

But I love Thursday nights becaue I don't work Fridays, so can have an extra glass of wine :blush:

Got the vets tomorrow morning though, so will have to save it for tomorrow night instead!

3. metame

metame PetForums VIP

Hope you sleep well

4. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

tomorrow better day!!

5. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

6am is the middle of the night for me, so sod 4am. ;)

6. Lauren5159

Lauren5159 Lover of Terriers, loser of the plot.

What's 4am?

SL, you are a stronger woman than me! That sounds unbearable... I'm sure you could squeeze a wee drink in somewhere, you know, for comfort :)

7. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Unfortunately not, the limits for people working on the railways is twice as strict as the drink driving limit, it's just not worth risking. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed I don't get any call outs, I don't need them, I'm now working tomorrow and Sunday so won't have one day off this week. At least I get paid for it!

8. Lauren5159

That sounds... Tiring :(

Now I appreciate my Fridays even more!

Your very dedicated :)

9. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

I am, but I also appreciate my job, it's not easy, I'll be doing a few hours tomorrow but they will be fairly easy, Sunday, I'll be up in a hoist bucket on a fairly big bridge, which I'm not looking forward to, and Monday I'm back out again running up and down ladders. But, it's a very good job, good pay, and good over time, so I can't complain, well, not too much.

Thankfully, I think my Friday morning 4am starts are numbered, it looks like the second repair they've done has done the trick, so I'm hoping I can have a lie in until 6am soon :D

10. Lauren5159

Oh well :) At least you like it and it pays well... More money to spend on the girls :D

I get up at 6am most morning to take the dogs out, so I know your pain there... No rest for the wicked :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice