UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I ordered a Thundershirt for the boy and read to start with using it for happy occasions. So I did, first time when we went for a walk, no problems. Next time when my mum came, he was excited so I popped it on and he did start to calm. I left it on him for a little while and thought to take it off before or walk and possibly put it back on in the evening when he does his racy garden thing

I never gave taking it off another thought as first time was fine, so I whipped the neck Velcro undone....it make a loud noise and boy, did he freak!!!!! Spent the next hour with it round his middle as he wouldn't come anywhere near me and wouldn't let me approach him. It must have terrified him, so bear this in mind when using it initially

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Best to keep a good grip on the collar in future because if they run away in fear it just reinforces the fear, the whole thing becomes frightening for them. Teebs was a bit dodgy but he never got away, we just got on with the job as though it was normal and if he has it on now he's fine. Of course the Mals didn't care at all! :)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Once you've fitted it to your dog you shouldn't need to undo the chest/neck velcro - unless your boy is very headshy it's easy to slip on and off over the head so I only ever undo the tummy straps!

Breeze wasn't keen on the velcro at first but doesn't take any notice now. I'd suggest food and taking it off slowly to make it as quiet as possible!
Ironic that a shirt used for noise-phobic dogs makes so much noise :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.