Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Throwing up yellow bile

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Kenco1971, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Kenco1971

Kenco1971 PetForums Newbie

Hi All

Kenco is 9 months now and I haven't really had to come on here for much advise but today he's worrying me a bit... probably a bit of a guilt trip from me though...

He went to the kennels from Monday to Friday of this week and had a bath and groom on his return.. that night he actually stopped still and kept nodding off to sleep .. something he rarely does as he doesn't stop still.. We put this down to the fact that he probably didn't sleep much in the kennels as if something is going on he's awake.

In himself he is still daft, poo was a bit watery yesterday but again I put it down to change.. He hasn't eaten a great deal since coming home and i'm wondering if they used the royal cannin that I provided or gave him something else. He did eat however.

This morning he's thrown up some yellow bile after a bit of straining but not wanted to touch his food. Some chicken was offered and that was snatched. He's drinking fine ..

Now 2 questions

First is should I be worried as he does seem like himself bouncing around other than actually resting when with us.

The second is that I'm still feeding him the same food from when we got him. If the Kennels have just given him the same food as everyone else it would seem a good idea to change at this point. Dry food or Tinned??? What brand. He's a miniature poodle..

2. Kenco1971

Kenco1971 PetForums Newbie

Forgot to give you a pic of the little guy... IMG_0416[1].jpg

3. SixStar

SixStar Banned

I personally wouldn't worry too much, it's probably just because of all the change and stress over the last few days. Bringing up yellow bile is normally a sign that their tummies are empty, a couple of mine will do it occasionally if they don't get something to eat very last thing before bed. It's nothing to worry about. I’d probably put him on a resting diet of rice and chicken or whitefish (boiled/grilled, no skin)and encourage him to drink lots throughout today (ice cubes are useful), keep a close eye and start to reintroduce his normal food in a day or two.

If he has been happy and healthy on the Royal Canin and you are pleased with this food, then there is no need to change. I personally wouldn't consider it a very good food at all, it's got an awful lot of fillers in and it's ridicously expensive for what it is- but like I said, if your dog is doing well on it, there is no need to change. I know alot of people here swear by it.

I don't understand why you would feel the need to change just because the kennels have given him the same as the others? But besides, if you provided him with his own food, then I'd expect that is what they fed him.

Lovely pic, he looks like a sweet little guy.

4. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Aww he's lovely.

I would do exactly what sixstar has said - chicken/fish and rice for a few days just to settle his tum down. In the meantime you can decide what you would like to feed him.
    Have to agree too that RC is expensive for what it is. There are lots of better quality kibbles out there for the same price or less - Fish4Dogs, Arden Grange Sensitive or Premuim, Wainwrights from P@H, Barking Heads etc.
    I prefer to feed wet food and my little terrier cross. Wainwrights do a wet. Naturediet, Natures Harvest, Arden Grange etc.
    Hope you little man is soon back on his feet

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice