Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Thrive Complete Tuna

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Gwen9244, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Gwen9244

Gwen9244 PetForums VIP

Our little Tara is a very fussy little madam. She usually quite happily eats the Thrive Complete Chicken and would have the odd tin of the tuna as a treat - which she absolutely loves! However, with the building work going on she's got even pickier and I am worried that she isn't eating enough. I know that generally tuna is bad because of the high quantities of mercury and I also worry that I keep giving her the tuna she wont eat anything else. I have tried various other food but she turns her nose up at it. I am at a loss what to do with her.

2. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Gwen, have you tried Thrive Ocean Fish which is mostly mackerel, don't know if it makes a difference to mercury levels though. I give B & T that occasionally. Otherwise, what about Canagan which is similar to Thrive? It comes in loads of flavours, several different fishy ones, although its very expensive but the only one Bunty really likes above all others of course.

Gwen9244 likes this.
  3. Gwen9244

Gwen9244 PetForums VIP

Thanks for this. I will order some of the Ocean Fish as Tara is quite partial to mackerel. I found this online about mercury in mackerel:

The Natural Resources Defense Council has a list of fish that contain the lowest levels of mercury. These include anchovies, catfish, flounder, hake, haddock, herring, salmon, trout, whitefish, pollock, mackerel, sardines and butterfish.

4. Franlow

Franlow Guest

Lith won't eat the tuna - will eat tuna & salmon. Won't eat chicken, will eat chicken & turkey. Absolutely no idea what the differences are to a cat! She has been rough for a couple of weeks with an ibd flare up & lost 400g. I just bought a large lot of both that arrived today. When she is like this, the only thing that stops her problems is the thrive. Along with famotidine & pro kolin. None of mine eating well, so, mr Tesco has just delivered a whole load of Felix as good as it looks double delicious. I know it is crap, but, they have to eat something! Fussy little beggars!

Gwen9244 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice