Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

three male guinea pigs?

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by Candace, May 6, 2011.

1. Candace

Candace PetForums Newbie

Hi! I've tried to ask on other forums but i did not get an answer. I have 2 guinea pigs, 3,5 years and 4 years, both male, they have been togheter since the youngest was 5-weeks. they have been fighting, but its been a while now. :)

i was wondering if it would be possible to get a third (young) boy to go with them?

2. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

If there has been fighting in the past I wouldn't risk it if I was you :eek:

3. Candace

Candace PetForums Newbie

ok :rolleyes:: thank you for answering!
    they were fighting in the start, to see who was the boss, the oldest made the youngest go away, and made sure that he did not eat before he was finished himself (we got two bowls, but then he would sit in one of them, while eating from the other). but they have never been biting eachother, or even touching eachother, they have just been making sounds

but ok, maybe its best to not to get another one:tongue_smilie:

Attached Files:

4. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

I wouldn't advise it, you are doing well to keep 3 of them together :)

5. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

No I wouldn't advise it either, it would just cause more fighting and more problems with the two you have. They are gorgeous by the way.:001_tt1::001_tt1:

6. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Piggies do have tiffs! My boys do, and they get over it, if there is biting and blood drawn then separate, if not its just a tiff and nasty words said between them they'll be fine!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice