Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Three in a bed

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Etienne, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Etienne

Etienne Dad to Puss and Shadow

Last night was the first night I had both Puss Puss and Shadow sleep on my bed at the same time :) Shadow was fine and slept down the end of the bed on the other side away from me. Puss Puss likes to sleep next to me and uses my leg as her pillow which is fine until I have to move and I try not to disturb her. I put some space between her and myself but that doesn`t last long as she wants her pillow back. All was well until 4.30 this morning when they decided to have a play fight on the bed which obviously woke me up. :mad: So I moaned at them to stop and all was quiet again thank god :D

2. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

:thumbup: dont you just love the way WE try not to dusturb them on OUR beds!! :D

3. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

It must feel like months since you had the bed to yourself :D but I bet you get a warm feeling when you see your two furbabes sleeping together with not a care in the world,even if it does mean you end up with cramp,a sore back and bags under your eyes :lol::lol:

4. bluepersianlover

bluepersianlover PetForums Member

Lol i think the furry babies r wise to it, they know if they look at us with those big bright eyes and a little purr that they can havr more space on the bed than us, or at least thats what my Evie does. It makes me love her even more lol.

5. TabbyLex

TabbyLex PetForums Junior

Once, by some miracle, my one decided to join me on the bed in the middle of the night on one side. I thought I'd move over to give her some room and managed to shuffle myself out of bed with a bang! :eek:hmy:

6. bluepersianlover

Lol. Bet all was forgiven... now if our other halfs had caused us to shuffle off lord help them lol

7. TabbyLex

TabbyLex PetForums Junior

Oh yes, always! :) Although she did peer over the edge of the bed looking at me wondering what an earth I was doing on the floor! :confused:

Yes, that's a whole different story - poor sod wouldn't know what hit him! :lol: (a large object of some sort maybe!) :eek:

8. bluepersianlover

Lol. same in our house lol

9. Etienne

Trouble is once they come in the only time they are awake is when food is around, the rest of they are catnapping. Still they seem happy :D

10. Etienne

Fortunately for my two I only get to see my other half from Fri night to Sunday evening. They are not locked out as we have found out that is a big mistake, but the cats find somewhere else to sleep for the weekend. :001_tongue:

11. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Of course they are happy,they have a slave at their beck and call 24/7 :D

12. Ian B

Ian B PetForums VIP

I used to have 5 sleeping on my bed, tho' this hasn't happened for some time, it's usually 3 at the most now. What I can never work out is why, after I make sure there's plenty of room for all of us, do I wake up either scrunched up in a corner or balanced precariously on the edge of the bed, while they're all stretched out luxuriously?

Ian

13. bluepersianlover

They know who the softest one is clearly lol and steal all their room. its not like u need a comfy night sleep. lol.

14. Etienne

When you say softest one do you mean soft in the head :confused: Actually I must be :cryin:

15. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

What a great update!! :D

So, can we safely assume that Puss Puss has now fully adapted to the life of a house cat.....???? :)

Well done you - again - for giving her such a wonderful chance in her life. (((hugs)))

16. Etienne

She has her moments still MB but on the whole I am happy with her progress.
    She will sit beside me on my armchair but I am waiting for her to sit on my lap, that will be something to cherish should it happen. :D

17. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Be careful what you wish for :eek:Meeko is a "lap cat"and it is far harder to put him on the floor when nature calls than it is to move him slightly to get a bit of room in the bed, believe me :rolleyes: :D

18. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

I had this problem last night Tiga was at the bottom my side Mikki was in between me and o/h so I was right on the edge no cover :eek: Max came after o/h got up at half three but I still did not get anymore room Mikki and Tiga were not moving for anything lol

Viv xx

19. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Indeed!!!!! McGee and I often need to discuss the fact that my lap is not big enough to accomodate him AND a laptop!!!!!! :D

I'm sure she will get there and I don't think it's too far off either. :D

20. salkei

salkei PetForums Member

same thing happens in our house, we have a super king sized bed, but we both wake up right on the edge not daring to move because we will fall out and the 3M's are streched out in the middle!

Malibu has taken to starting the night under the bed :eek: you can hear her moving, how she gets under it i dont know as the clearance is about 2" !!!

#20 salkei, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice