Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

thread been deleted???

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by davehyde, May 24, 2010.

1. davehyde

davehyde Banned

why if so? wasnt abusive or anything.
    was a perfectly sensible question with reasonable answers.

2. jen24

jen24 Banned

Which thread?

And hello :D

3. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

Which thread? Whats going on? I missed it!

4. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

What thread ???

5. Polimba

Polimba PetForums VIP

I think your question was reasonable but I found some of the replies were heading down an uncomfortable path IMO

6. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Dogs and Asians

nothing derogartory, just discussing if its a cultural thing that most dont like dogs :)

7. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

correct, I didn't remove it but understand why it was removed.

8. jen24

jen24 Banned

Oh, i missed that thread! i miss everything :crying::lol::lol:

9. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

Ahh that one :) No it was a normal inquisitive question I would have said!!!

10. dodigna

dodigna PetForums VIP

I was just looking for it now, I wanted to see that it was not heading the uncomfortable way, find it unfair it was removed, I thought there was info on it that would have been helpful and not offensive, maybe the mod that removed it could have just removed the posts that were deemed inappropriate rather then removing the whole thread? Maybe with a word of explanation...

Fair enough it is a public forum and accessible by all, but these questions have shown up before and it would have been informative if kept.

Can't remember exactly what I posted on it, but surely it wasn't inflammatory or offensive, merely explanatory. If not found so I would like to know so I can remeasure the wordings next time as sure I would write the same things otherwise. :confused:

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Ahhhh right :)

12. hawksport

hawksport Banned

Am I the only one who knows lots of Asian dog owners that treat their dogs just the same as white people?
    Last nights KCGCS gold and diploma qualifiers

13. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I don't think I've ever met an asian person with a pet but then again there aren't many in my area :) At the top of my street there is a corner shop run by asians and I walked past one of the owners with Sky one day and she completely freaked out (Sky was just walking). I just pulled Sky in closer to me, apologised and moved on.

Edit: The woman who owns the bichon has an awesome lead!!

14. hawksport

hawksport Banned

I think the lead had been in the washer while the dog was at the groomers.
    I was at the RSPCA show at Nottingham on Sunday and while my youngest took this girl we are looking after in the ring for her classes I spent about an hour talking to an Asian family about dobes and training while their kids played with mine

15. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

16. Polimba

Polimba PetForums VIP

Definately not. As explained in the deleted thread this is something I've previously discussed with Asian friends and there does tend to be a different attitude to pets. That's nothing to do with how animals are treated but more being more wary, which has been something passed from parents. It's also not linked to religion in my experience.

17. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Many of my muslim pupils have dogs. Some treat them very well, some are ignorant about training and breeding etc. I don't think it is different to any other nationality or culture. There are white british good dog owners and bad ones too.

18. hawksport

hawksport Banned

Well with parents or g. parents comming from countries with a big stray dog problem and a high rate of rabies that's understandable.

19. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Nope, we have a woman at dog training who came from china 2 years back and brung her dog and recently got a puppy. Her first dog is a cross of something looks to be a chow mix, what else is in there no clue. She apparently saved him as her next door neighbors were going to bash him to death and then consume him (he was also 5 months old) :frown:

He's a lovely dog and her new pup is a cavalier, who are both very well treated and spoilt :thumbup:

20. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

It is not to do with where people are from it's to do with their Faith. Obviously all faiths are open to interpretation but the general rule for devout muslims is that they should not own dogs as pets.

I know this is Wiki info but in this instance it probably gives a reasonably good explanation.

Islam and animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The issue with dogs in particular is generally about cleanliness but if you read the above link this is interesting

"Sunnah
    Sunnah refer to the traditional biographies of Muhammad wherein the example of his conduct and sayings attributed to him have been recorded. Sunni and Shi'a hadith differ vastly, with Shi'a hadith generally contain more anthropomorphism and praise of animals.

[edit] Treatment of animals
    It is forbidden to cage animals, to beat them unnecessarily, to brand them on the face, or to allow them to fight each other for human entertainment. "They must not be mutilated while they are alive."[14]

Muhammad is also reported[by whom?] to have said: "There is no man who kills [even] a sparrow or anything smaller, without its deserving it, but Allah will question him about it [on the judgment day]," and "Whoever is kind to the creatures of God is kind to himself."[3][15]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice