thoughts on new listing for professionals

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by Amanda Woolham, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Amanda Woolham

Amanda Woolham PetForums Junior

Hi what would you want on the directory such as a code of conduct etc. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated yone,
    I just wanted your opinions please. I've spoken to my local council and dog warden about creating a directory that only lists insured and qualified walkers and sitters as a step to really safeguarding people from those that just call themselves professional but aren't really. What are your thoughts, wgst We thought about being able to have a directory where you can upload your proof of insurance etc or just make sure

2. Amanda Woolham

Amanda Woolham PetForums Junior

Sorry about the muddle, . My phone seems to be going a bit weird!

3. Ownedbymany

Ownedbymany PetForums Senior

I'll show my certificates in person when I meet a new client or on request for an existing client if they wanted to be sure I renewed. I wouldn't upload them on line for just anybody to see tbh.

Darrell Jones likes this.
  4. Darrell Jones

Darrell Jones PetForums Member

Hi. What are you classing as a 'qualified' walker? I know a couple of professional walkers who have insurance etc but don't act in a professional way, i.e. they are transporting six dogs around loose in the back of an estate car. So, personally I wouldn't use such a directory. I agree with the previous poster, I show my certs when I meet a potential new client.

Seonag and Ownedbymany like this.
  5. Seonag

Seonag PetForums Junior

There are no recognised qualification for dog walkers. Sure there are some places that say they do such course but they are not recognise with official qualification authoritis of England or Scotland unfortunately. If I could get something like a NQ (national qualification) like HNC , I'd love to do it

6. Darrell Jones

Darrell Jones PetForums Member

There is a national qualification for dog walking, the City & Guilds Technical Dog walking course. See https://www.cityandguilds.com/quali...f-competence/0146-animal-care#tab=information

7. Seonag

Seonag PetForums Junior

8. Vicky Smith

Vicky Smith PetForums Newbie

There is a City and Guilds certificate in pet setting and one in dog walking - its a three day course. I did mine through the pet industry federation last year.
    The pet industry federation did one in Scotland last year - (Forfar guide dog centre). It might be worth seeing if they have another one planned?