Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Thought pregnant cats became more loving =(

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by andywest, Jul 11, 2009.

1. andywest

andywest PetForums Junior

Poppy has always been a bit mean to my Fiance i.e comes up and bites her feet for no reason then runs away.

However tonight while we were sat having dinner she jumped up and scratched my arm then ran away, and now i think about it she has gave me a lot more warning nips when i've been stroking her lately but never just attacked me.

Just wondering whether some cats actually become more moody while pregnant? And how to calm her down a bit

2. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Just like all females hormones affect us all in different ways. My Minnii was alternately moody and loving. And at times incredibly frustratingly fussy! Probably all par for the course. She also nibbles my toes when I'm ignoring her and she wants something!

3. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

never had that..all mine have been more loving esp lucky and selecta...tias abit moody sometimes but she never does anything, just walks away...

Again its prob her hormones...do you tell her off for doing it?

4. andywest

andywest PetForums Junior

i always tell her off if she's naughty, which is why she doesn't normally do anything to me, where my fiance is not exactly good at giving out discipline which i suspect is why poppy normally bites her because she knows she can get away with it.

She is now sat on the arm of the chair beside me like nothings happened, i guess i can forgive her for her hormones

5. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

I have two that are due in a little under four weeks. One is very affectionate, the other has turned into a right miserable little so and so, and is having to be kept apart from the others much of the time for everyone's safety, including that of her unborn kittens. She's still fine with people though. The two were very close before they got pregnant and as they are due at the same time I thought they might well have the kittens together, but as things are, I don't think I dare risk that.

Liz

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice