UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an awful experience :cryin: thought I'd lost Willow! :crying:

I Let the dogs out onto the garden a while ago so that they could have their last wee before the fireworks started (obviously going to let them out before bed).....they'd been on the garden about 30 seconds when **BANG** the loudest firework I have ever heard went off, it sounded like a bomb :( I ran to the backdoor to let the dogs in and Alfie and Ruby ran straight into the kitchen a little shaken but no Willow. :cryin:

The garden was pitch black and I couldn't see her, I shouted her and listened to see whether I could hear moving in the bushes but there was no noise :cryin: I immediately started panicking and I could feel the tears starting to build up. :crying: I got my torch out of the cupboard to look for her and the same banging firework went off again. :cryin: I was certain that she couldn't get off of the garden but at the same time I was questioning myself and thinking of her out on the streets alone :cryin: the more I shouted and got no response, the more I panicked. I got to the bottom of the garden where there are loads of little bushes and I started to look through them and there she was cowering and shaking :( I couldn't get to her properly because she had wedged herself right upto the fence and she wouldn't come to me because the fireworks kept going off so I was on my hands and knees trying to get to her (poking myself in the eye with a twig) I eventually pulled her out and ran back to the house with her in my arms and then I burst out crying. :eek: I was so happy but it was upsetting seeing her so scared! I sat on the floor with her and she licked my face which obviously cheered me up! :eek: I've given them all stuffed kongs to try to keep their mind off of the fireworks but you can hardly hear them in the front room with the tv on. She is still jumpy at the min though. :(

Was the longest 10 minutes of my life :( hate these bloody fireworks. :mad:

EDIT: sorry for the sad face overload, I'm emotional.

G

·
Only in the territories, in Oz, can you buy fireworks. Tho people do travel to them, to buy them. Other than that, it's only official displays.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
How awful :( poor Willow and poor you. This happened to me the other day except I was out in the garden with Dibley so saw where he ran to. These fireworks are awful aren't they! I'm glad she is safe and sound, I hope she isn't too shaken from the experience.

G

·
Knocked a few years off your life I'll bet. So glad you found her and she's safe in the house now.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
Awww that made me tear up , the poor baby :(
Im so pleased both of you are ok now

Im starting to seriously detest fireworks after trying to comfort my little Gypsy and seeing her so scared last night :mad:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I know just how you feel, and I'm pleased Willow is okay now. It's a sickening feeling.

Wretched fireworks - when will they just ban the damn things:glare:
I was saying this the other day to my hubby. Safer controlled displays I don't mind so much as they tend to be away from housing estates and people have notice that they are going to happen and can take appropriate measures with their pets but when idiots get hold of them and let them go right in the thick of a housing estate and end up injuring someone and petrifying all the local animals that is when it really gets to me. Luckily its only really around halloween and new year that it happens.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the lovely replies! Definitely knocked a few years off of my life. :( She is still very shaken, she's ok when there's food about but if not she keeps curling up in the corner of the sofa looking very sad. :( it's not like her at all, normally she can't keep still and is constantly wanting to play.

I hate fireworks anyway, but I hate them even more now!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Oh dear very frightening for you. Fireworks are a nuisance. We are lucky in our village nobody bothers with them, but when we lived in the city it was always a nightmare with the fireworks, and at the time we had a cat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.