Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Those of you with wonderful dogs...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by GoldenShadow, Apr 9, 2011.

1. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Which is most of you, I bet :thumbup:

I want to do a post to say how special Rupert is and how much he means to me, feel free to join in if you like :D Why do you love them, got any songs that remind you of them etc?

Rupert is special to me because he's my best friend, and helps me get on without my other best friend. I got him to replace my other best friend which didn't really work but sort of has now.

I could go on forever, but I wont. Its 3 years today since Simba and it doesn't feel right to not acknowledge today somehow.

This track reminds me of them both (as do many others :eek:)
    YouTube - You are my SunShine

Meet Rupert:

[​IMG]

And Simba:

[​IMG]

I doubt I'd be here without Rupert, as ridiculous as that might sound. Despite costing lots in vet bills, probably only loving me because I always let him eat my food and causing lots of worry I love him lots and would have him over any person in this world any day of the week ;)

Your turn so I don't look lame please :p

NoSpecialFeaturesHere likes this.
  2. Jasper's Bloke

Jasper's Bloke PetForums VIP

I wouldn't know where to begin except to say that Jasper has quite literally changed my life, but I did just want you to know how much your post made me smile. You may well feel very lucky to have Rupert, but I bet he feels every bit as lucky to have you.

GoldenShadow likes this.
  3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Henrick kept my mind off loosing Chance, he didnt replace him as I'd stupidly hoped:eek: because they are very different people, but he kept me busy till I didnt think about Chance all the time, he loves me unconditionally (the feeling is mutual) and always makes me feel like I am the most important person in the world, he is funny and clever and loving and generally a wonderful fur person. He is gentle and calm and makes me proud all the time, I know he would die for me without a 2nd thought and I couldnt love him more.

Bella hmm where do I start with the monster child, my little hyper one, Bella wasnt wanted, planned or needed and yet she arrived and worked her way into our hearts and enriched our lives, shes hillarious and a proper clown, she thrives on love and gives tons of it back, shes changed Henricks life so much and hes a happy boy all the time hes with her. Its been amazing watching her grow and change from a nervous confused puppy into the amazing person she is now, she is always ready to give a cuddle or a face wash when you need it and is my feisty little mad thing who I wouldnt be without for a moment.

4. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

Before getting Alf I was a neat freak,that seriously needed to get a grip,now I couldn't care less,I meet so many people daily and the housework can wait,I love him to bits and he has totally altered my life in a positive way,I don't think I could have carried on the way I was!I answered the door to the postie the other day in a black nightie after me and Alf had been having cuddles,I would have been horrified before and would sooner have cut off my arm!!!I think Alf has saved my life!!

5. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Thats a lovely tribute to Rupert and to Simba and comes straight from the heart.

Its over 10 years since I lost my wonderful Twiggy and I still miss her. I vowed I would never let another dog get that close to me but..........

This is Twiggy. As you can see she enjoyed life to the full as long as she was 'doing'

[​IMG]

6. H0lly

H0lly PetForums VIP

Dora has changed so many peoples lives massively, I have always been a bit of a loner and my only friend was my dad, we did everything together which lead to huge jealousy from a so called mum (makes me sick calling her this ) she hates me and the feeling is mutual.

I met my OH and things got a little better despite still living with Dad we drifted apart leaving him a little lonely, My OH and i got Dora and the poor excuse of a mother said that if we got a dog we were to move out dad was having none of this , so this was a chance to get things sorted so we were all happy and could carry on with our lifes how they should be. so the house went up for sale.

Long long long story short dad is happier in his own home with a lovely new lady, My OH and i have bought a house and are moving in on monday

Dora made all this happen and if it was not for her we would all still be living a miserable life, Through the stresses and huge hard times she has been there ready for a cuddle with her beautiful face smiling back at me

She is so loving and such a brilliant character, I think without her i would not be the person i am today. She can do no wrong even chewing my shoes. its not her fault i should not have left them in her reach.
    She makes both mine and the OH's heart full and is just the best I truly LOVE her, she is our little girl and i do not know what i would do without her :)

Love you Dora xx

7. GoldenShadow

Lovely to hear the little stories about people's pets :thumbup:

I could write a book about Simba and or Rupert but it would be of no interest to anybody else :D

I quite like the way they are/were the same colour and both had lovely brown eyes. Both like(d) to steal my food, spend time in the sun and run down hills very fast :p

More stories please, or natter on more and more about your own if you fancy it :eek:

8. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

Drym - he is my carer my shadow, my protector, my baby :D

He can be naughty sometimes and he really disliked sharing his space with other dogs. He is an accidental dad which means he is imortal :) his children are awesome btw
    He is quite old (12) and needs peace and quiet, he is raw fed which means he looks and behaves like a much younger dog
    He once attacked my ex for no reason what so ever, the vet said it was a brain tumour and tried to get me to have him pts, but I refused saying that we would see if his condition got worse and if Drym became distressed, that was a good few years ago now (probably 5) and he seems to be coping with the tumour really well lol x I just think he is an excellent judge of character :)

9. lexie2010

lexie2010 PetForums Senior

ah thats all so sweet, people who dont have dogs simply do not understand that the love we have for them is like loving a person and that we all make sacrifices for our dogs because they mean so much.
    i love lexie to bits but what i find really amazing is how my OH is with her-he never had a dog before and having lexie has taught him so much and in a way i really think she has prepared both of us for parenthood (in 5mths!) because you learn you have to think of others and have to be home at certain times and not just do things on a whim.
    the song that reminds me of lexie at the moment is a current song called the lazy song (i think) by bruno mars- because it starts with "today i dont feel like doing anything, i just wana lay in my bed" thats just how lexie is in the mornings when we are trying to get her up and organised so we can go to work!!!

10. shells

shells PetForums VIP

i have only had my buster for a few months but already he has become part of my family even the animal hater oh loves him to bits. He completes are little family and we wouldnt be without him, he is so cuddly and loving albeit a little to big due to previouse owners :mad: we are working on this although he is like a living vacumme so its no easy job :D he really makes me smile and is verry tuned in with me if im having a down day he will come and sit on me n squish me :D i can be sat here thinking i fancy a walk and hes at my feet with his lead. I think i would be lost without him x

11. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

I dont know where to start with my lot :lol:

i do know they are my best friends (yep i am a saddo :D) and love me for who i am, and they dont care if im not the thin, pretty, clever, in my slobbing out clothes and needing a bath.

Without them i would not be as good a mum as i am.

12. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

I love that Tummels my buddy :) i woke up this morning to find him in Oh's spot on the bed snoring his head off :D i love that he loves being with me, right now i'm sitting on the computer and he's curled up beside me although i think thats because it's a sunny spot!!

OH says we're a classic case of dog matched to owner :rolleyes: tbh i believe him as Tummels not the same with OH(more disobedient). I love that when he was a baby he was petrified of water but now when he smells the sea he goes mental(difficult living near the coast with the nearest town being by the sea but owell) and the first thing he does when we go to the beach is run into the water :thumbup1:.

I love that having him has encouraged me to get out walking more...even if it's only a couple of 30min walks every day it's still something(if we lived by the sea we'd be gone for hours each day but living on a farm makes having him offlead a bit risky what with tractors etc...he doesn't care about livestock) and i love that he did get his recall back and although he's not the dog i thought i'd have(always grew up with obedient, willing dogs and got one that can be stubborn) i couldn't imagine life without him and adore him in every way possible :biggrin:

Oh...i also love that he has a thing for cooked potatos! :p

13. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Kilo wasn't even conceived when I went to Afghanistan last year, although I was on a waiting list, but the positive thought of getting my puppy on my return to the UK kept me going through some of the harder days. When I can home on R&R he was conceived and when I finally came back to the UK he was ready to come home on the day leave started...happened perfectly to the exact day - must have been meant to be :D

My hubby and I are also posted apart and Kilo has been my constant companion when I would otherwise have been a bit lonely. He is my buddy who comes to work with me and is there under the desk all day sleeping or waiting to go somewhere. He is the perfect reason to go to lots of nice places at the weekend when previously I may not have felt like going on my own too and has helped get my obsessive over-exercising under control as now I have more to do at the weekend and in the evenings than just train!

14. GoldenShadow

Ahhh I loved reading these stories thanks for writing them :thumbup:

15. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

What a lovely story GS, I think my dogs are wonderful, they have introduced in the best possible way to dog ownership (and the worries too), and although it is early days for us and nothing is for sure that life with them will stay this way. They have been amazing, not the hardwork I expected from a pup, although i dont shy from hardwork, so maybe this helps and nothing to compare you just do what you have to.

The dogs have got me out and about and I spend far more time outside than even before and the sheer love and joy they bring to us is too great for words.

I am so proud of them, they are such a beautiful sight running around together and the waggy bum tails can lift any mood you find yourself in!

Rubys birthday even got me baking a liver cake today! So that says millions.

Dont really have any songs for Rolo, but Ruby (whose name was already chosen not by us), when I say her name it reminds me of my dearest grandad singing 'Ruby dont take your love to town' to my dear Nan, both of whom are no longer with us and i miss every day. She really seems like she was meant to make our family complete.

My hubbys mum died just over two years ago and she was some 20 odd years ago going to be getting two littermate springer pups with her husband but he sadly died just before they were due to collect them, she never did it on her own as it would have been too much, having the two for us now is comforting for my husband coping with losing his mum, so both dogs have bought genuine smiles back to his face remembering his mum and thinking about what she would have thought of our dogs.

#15 Rolosmum, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  16. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Much as I love them all, Flynn is my extra special boy. So much so that I still sleep on the sofa in the front room and have done since he was born nearly three years ago. Not the easiest of dogs i've owned but I just adore him. He wakes me every morning by just lying his head on me and waiting til I wake up.

He's my extra special gift from above and I always think he chose me, knew how to get round me from four weeks old and I love him more than I could ever put into words. :)

[​IMG]
    Flynny cuddles - the best medicine in the world! ;)

17. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

Hmmm,

I love kai unconditionally.
    I would walk to the moon and back (if it were possible) for him. he is my best friend, is never judgemental, will quite happily snuggle all day and knows just what to do when times get hard in order to stick a smile on my face. He is the most important thing in my life and i would do anything within my power to make him happy & satisfied...as he does for me.
    [​IMG]

Jess,
    Well, Jess is just...jess. She is a 2 year old dog stuck in the brain of a 6 week old pup with no concept of how big she is...which puts me in stitches every single day. She is irreplacable and even though i got her much later than kai (and havnt owned her as long) she has fitted in perfectly and makes life that little bit more worth while.
    [​IMG]

i love my dogs with all my heart, i love their good bits, their bad bits and their down right discusting bits. i love the things they do each and every day which make them 'them' basically, i would be completely lost without them. As these 2 are my first ever dogs i cant even comprehend loosing them, i know it will happen one day....but i hope i have lots of full and prosperous years yet to come with the two of them.

Just wanted to say i know how you feel with simba. i lost my horse last year, the pains never gone away and so far it hasnt got any easier...but having the dogs has deffinately helped to take my mind off it.

#17 JJAK, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  18. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I lost my beautiful arab - Freddie just a few days after my birthday (this month) 2 years ago and part of me died with him. My world was empty with no point to anything. (dont have a pic but he's in my sig)

Along came Heidi. My sons insisted I get another dog to keep me occupied and out and about, much to OH's dismay. I tried to go without but a few weeks later did a bit of research and went to see a couple of litters. Came home with nothing but Heidi had captured my heart and the next day I went back to get her.

At first it felt like a big mistake but I wrapped myself into the relentless task of puppy training and time flew by. The first Christmas I took her on our usual walk - overlooking Freddie's paddock and marvelled at how things had changed so much. Instead of hiding carrots for him to find in his paddock. I had this little puppy. I looked down and for the first time, realised what I had and how this dear little soul had carried me thro the darkest of days. Sat quietly while I cried, made me giggle and gave purpose to each day yet again.

She reminds me of him when she spooks or lifts a front leg while she eats. 2 years on and I still miss him like crazy but my life is blessed in so many different ways since Heidi came along and I wouldnt part with her for the world.:D

19. xhuskyloverx

xhuskyloverx PetForums VIP

Theres some lovely stories, you soppy lot! :D (although i'm just as bad)

Barnie - well he was our first ever dog!! Total nutty pupster but just slotted in so well from the first night of having him. Might not be what you imagine when you think of a goldie but hes a lovely dog wouldn't change him for the world.

Bella - TOTAL NUTCASE!!!!! but wouldn't have her any other way! Total opposite of barnie. Didn't fit in straight away and was a major 'OMG what have we done!' :rolleyes: But hey we stuck with her and she ent going anywhere. Can cheer me up alot when i'm feeling down. I love bella cuddles! :D

Annie & Jay - ok ok you got me, they arn't my dogs, but have made me even more determined on getting a border collie than i was before. Both are amazing dogs and put up with me in agility going wrong. I run them both every week and love every second i spend with them :eek:

20. teddyboylove

teddyboylove PetForums Junior

OK. I am ANCIENT - I reckon much MUCH older than any of you posters on here. Couldn't stand those four legged poopers - and that is really what I thought they all were, after having ploughed through heaps of the poop left behind. OK OK. I know better now - so keep you hair on:) Absolutely thought people with dogs had to be bonkers.
    One day a miracle happened - or maybe it was not such a miracle. I have an 'only' granddaughter - she looked a bit lonely sometimes - would have liked a brother or sister or more, but also would have liked a dog. But... her mother was trying to make a good lifestyle for them both (no daddy supporting them) and was working like a demon for it. Me, the grandmother who couldn't stand the idea of a dog, coincidentally met one dog who was very sweet and friendly, and just started making me think....
    Granddaughter needed a companion, maybe, just maybe I could make her happy with a little companion. I would just 'put up with it, for her sake'
    To cut a long story a wee bit shorter - enter the little **** who I absolutely adore, who eats all our good undies and steals our gloves and socks. I utterly adore him for just being a dog. What a huge comedown for this proud and 'always right, of course' oldie. He has done something no human has done till now - proved me wrong:D Thank you, wee cockerpoo.
    Sorry for the loooooong post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice