Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

those of you with fussy cats

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by laurahair, Apr 25, 2011.

1. laurahair

laurahair PetForums Member

which wet foods do your fussy eaters actually like?
    I am in the process of switching from 75% dry food diet to 75% wet food (or hopefully 100%), particularly important as one of my cats is suffering with cystitis.
    But he is soooo fussy! He previously used to pick at a little whiskas supermeat (*dodges tomatoes*:rolleyes::), but is even rejecting that now.
    I have tried felix, natures menu, toplife, hilife, pah purely scrummy yummy and butchers. I have smilla and bozita otw from zooplus.
    Help!

2. Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl PetForums VIP

mine are addicted to feline fayre
    they also really like toplife
    oh and hilife the petit pate's but hate the normal hilife

I mix better quality food in with this to get them to eat some better food but they wouldn't eat the better food on its own.
    They also love the sainsburys own brand pate food.

The one will eat anything but the other is very fussy.

3. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Meeko my Raggie is a fussy bum with food.He is a dry food junkie I am winning the battle of tranferring him on to wet food with the help of Brewers Yeast and crumbled Thrive treats sprinkled over the wet food.Any treats even some crumbled dry kibble sprinkled over may help. Brewers Yeast Powder | Food Supplements | Holland & Barrett Cant really help with the wet food as I'm having the same problem as you in finding some that he actually likes :rolleyes:

4. popoki

popoki PetForums Member

Ditto! :rolleyes::

Our kitten will only eat Royal Canin kitten food which is chunks in gravy. We've resorted to tiny portions several times a day topped off with a sprinkling of a crumbled thrive or brewers yeast. It's tiresome, but at least she's eating. Yesterday was a bad day with only about half a pouch all day, but today she had eaten over a pouch by lunchtime.

We even tried Whiskas the other day to see if she'd like junk food, but she turned her nose up at that.

5. Jayne31

Jayne31 PetForums VIP

I used to feed my cat a different brand each day because he was a bit fussy (to be honest not sure that this was the best thing to do), but since he has been a bit poorly I've tried to stick to one brand. The only ones that he absolutely hoovered up were RC Incentive and RC Sensitivity - so I am waiting for a bulk order to come!

At the moment he is tucking into Natures Menu which is high in meat but I've just discovered that it's quite high in sugars! Why these cat food people can't just be honest about the content of their foods is beyond me.

My mog is so crafty when I try and introduce new things though, if i try to disguise new wet food with some crumbled kibble he'll lick the kibble off and leave the meat!

6. clg86

clg86 PetForums Member

Gourmet Perle and Felix Sensations is popu;ar with Bunk at the minute, even if it is expensive...:rolleyes:

7. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

Mine really really like Animonda Carny followed by Bozita tins!

8. laurahair

laurahair PetForums Member

Well i have had some success with sprinkling crushed cheese dreamies onto wet food :)
    and this morning he went quite mad for pets at home purely scrummy yummy tuna which is promising ;)

9. Ali82

Ali82 PetForums Senior

I tried my fussy little miss with loads of wet foods and the only 2 she'll really eat with any relish were Sheba Delicious Morsels with Chicken and Turkey and Marks and Spencer Premium Mackerel and Tuna (both of which I'm not especially keen on her eating).

She would also reluctantly eat the following in rough order of preference:

Grau Beef and Tuna
    Royal Canin Instinctive
    Sheba all other variaties
    Naures Menu Beef and Chicken
    Bozita Reindeer Pate

She wouldn't even touch these:

Bozita all variaties in Jelly (might try the sauce ones)
    Toplife
    Animonda Carny (Pure Beef, chicken)
    Grau (lamb, chicken, turkey)
    Whiskas Supermeat
    Natures menu all other flavours

Luckily my Dads cat will eat anything so he's been getting a good quality varied diet of hand outs:rolleyes:

10. BSH

BSH PetForums Senior

There is sadly no one food all cats seem to like. One cats nectar is another cats poison when it comes to food!

Mine are less fussy than they were, but seem to prefer a rotation of different foods. One meal a day is always a raw food (Natural Instinct for cats currently). The other meal is any high meat content commercial food they will eat- they currently like Tesco Finest and to a lesser degree Pets at Home Complete. They have some Applaws dry to nibble in the day but eat very little of it (which I am pleased about). It is largely a matter of trial and error. I think you have to put your foot down at some point and if they do not eat it, remove it, and present it again later. Eventually they will eat- cats do not starve themselves unless the food is "off" or they are ill I find!

In the past my moggies have eaten whetever they were given, its just the pedigrees i have had trouble with.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice