Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Those of you with Chinese Cresteds

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Guinevere13, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Guinevere13

Guinevere13 PetForums VIP

I saw a beautiful looking chocolate bodied, white tufted Chinese Crested today. He seemed friendly but his mate wasn't (it ran up to Millie and bit her twice on the bum!). Anyway - my question is, this dog was black and white with a smooth face that looked like a Crested but it was covered in a shock of hair! It looked really cute. I think I have heard that not all cresteds are bald, so could this be a hairy one? It was quite long hair.

2. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

you get powderpuffs that have a double coat..then you get the hairless that can come in to types one being a true hairless with hardly any hair and then the other being a hairy hairless im guessing thats what you saw.has got like stubble all over its body.that would be shaved off for the ring

hope that helps

3. Guinevere13

Guinevere13 PetForums VIP

Thanks very much for that. It must have been the double coated one, the other was a true hairless. They are lovely dogs, very proud looking :D

4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

They are a great breed!! I love everything about them!! :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice