Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Thornit

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Michelle666, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Michelle666

Michelle666 PetForums Senior

I hope Ive spelt it right..!

Ive heard people mention this as a cure for Ear mites. I was wondering how safe is this to use as a home adminitsered drug rather than going to the vets.

My puppy has possibly got them, we are going to vets tonight. She has a really smelly ear, which was dirty-but we cleaned it out on Saturday. Thing is she doesn't seem to be bothered by it. Theres been no scratching or head shaking etc.

2. bichonhotel

bichonhotel PetForums Newbie

Thornit is fine to use at home.

Just apply a small amount with a cotton bud, not too far into the ear.

Be carefull though as it will stain white carpets (and hair).

There is a beefed up version of thornit called TEP which has an extra antistringent.

Both work very well but never use them if there are any sores (canker) in the ears.

3. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

I use thornit as a preventative with Indie, who is prone to getting mucky ears. It comes with good instructions on how to use, and works well.

I wouldn't use it in conjunction with any ear drops or moist treatments though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice