Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Thornit?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by merlin39, Feb 5, 2012.

1. merlin39

merlin39 PetForums Member

Anyone know of thornit? Canker powder for dogs and cats, I've read on the net about it but wondered if anyone had experience? Apparently v good for dogs with hairy and or drop ears?

2. Ruffers

Ruffers PetForums Senior

We've just tried this on our basset.
    We had been using ear cleaner from the vets (epi-otic) but were finding we needed to use it every couple of days and his ears smelt horrible.
    We tried the thornit powder and they are much better, just a quick wipe over and no smelly ears!

3. julianne

julianne PetForums Member

I use Thornit for my 2 OES .I use it as a plucking and soothing powder for when I pluck their hair out of their ears.
    It seems to work well on my 2:)

4. DirtyGertie

DirtyGertie PetForums VIP

Yes, brilliant stuff and not only for canker.

Poppy is a Bichon so has hairy ears. Came to us at 9 weeks old with very mucky, stinky ears. Two lots of Surolan from the vet did not cure them, but after hearing about Thornit on here I tried it. One dose and a couple of days later they were much cleaner, I just did a second dose about a week later and she hasn't needed any since and she's 20 months old now. Groomer plucks her ears when necessary and they are beautifully clean with no problems.

5. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

i used thornit powder on my labs ears they were waxy and smelly and she kept itching i tried stuff from the vet and other drops but nothing helped after just 3 days of using thornit her ears were cleared she didnt itch all the time and they didnt stink i would definatly reccomend it and it lasts aaages because you only need to use a little bit at a time.

its great stuff and definatly worth a try

6. merlin39

merlin39 PetForums Member

Thanks guys, someone recommended it for our hairy eared cockerpoo! Will def get some :)

7. luvmydogs

luvmydogs PetForums VIP

Its fab stuff - good for all sorts including hotspots :thumbup:

8. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

Fanatics, cleared a persistent problem in days, no more head shaking.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice