Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

This weather sucks!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by catz4m8z, Oct 26, 2012.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Am having a general weather rant today!:mad: I spent all day waiting for it to stop raining coz the dogs hate going out in the rain, esp when its cold, but I finally had to give up and drag them out anyways.
    We ended up going just up the road and back and got soaked!:eek: They were really good though and despite being pad trained still waited til our walk to have a poo and a wee!:D

Would you wait to take your dogs out, or just ignore the weather and go whenever??:confused:

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I just ignore the weather and go. I'd never leave the house in NI if I had to wait for nice weather :eek:.

3. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

Just go, Ginge doesn't care about walks in the rain but she wont go in the garden for a wee. I like it as it means there wont be many people about.

4. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I feel mean taking them in the rain. I have to drag them along and I cant help thinking that a bigger dog would just plonk his butt down and say 'nope, not going!'. It seems sizeist that just coz I physically can drag them out that I should!:eek:

5. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I'd feel differently if Kilo objected I am sure; if it's very cold or raining he'll not go past the end of the drive until his fleece or coat goes on if I haven't judged it 'bad enough' but it does have to be pretty bad for that to happen :w00t:.

6. rottiemum

rottiemum PetForums VIP

Same in Scotland ;)

She's not bothered - with or without a coat. That's if you're walking her - if you try to put her out the back in the rain for a quick wee, she won't go. But put her lead on her & she'll happily go anywhere in any weather. :)

7. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

That's Kilo too - I 'nudge' him off the doorstep with the back door and shut it til one's done :w00t:.

8. tiatortilla

tiatortilla PetForums VIP

haha, my girl's the exact opposite of this. she hates walking on her lead in the rain, but forgets all about it and is totally happy when you let her off or even just to run about in the garden.

9. astara

astara PetForums Senior

my hubby n I takes the dogs out wot ever the weather but if the weathers really bad bonnie wont go passed my front gate she like her cosy comforts where as harveys always ready to go

10. DawnsPAW

DawnsPAW PetForums Member

I don't mind walking in the rain but Alfie doesn't like it. Last time it started raining while we were out he dived under the nearest bush and refused to come out! He is getting better a he gets older (he is almost 6 months old now).

11. Modwyn

Modwyn Guest

My lot aren't keen on the torrential stuff so we wait on that easing up but otherwise off we go.

12. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Alfie wouldn't let me miss a walk, but I'm looking to get him a rain coat.

Doesn't bother me unless it's torrential, I do 4 walks a day anyway, 2 with Alf, 2 with walk dogs :)

13. Megan345

Megan345 PetForums VIP

We go anyway. We'll wait for the torrential rain to pass off, though. Maisy doesn't mind the rain when we go for a walk, but she won't sit down on wet grass. She's not too keen on stepping on the lawn when it's been raining, either!

14. tattoogirl73

tattoogirl73 PetForums VIP

opie will happily walk no matter what the weather is like. if it's raining, it means more muddy puddles for him to roll in :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice