UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am having a general weather rant today!:mad: I spent all day waiting for it to stop raining coz the dogs hate going out in the rain, esp when its cold, but I finally had to give up and drag them out anyways.
We ended up going just up the road and back and got soaked!:eek: They were really good though and despite being pad trained still waited til our walk to have a poo and a wee!:D

Would you wait to take your dogs out, or just ignore the weather and go whenever??:confused:

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Just go, Ginge doesn't care about walks in the rain but she wont go in the garden for a wee. I like it as it means there wont be many people about.

·
Registered
23,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feel mean taking them in the rain. I have to drag them along and I cant help thinking that a bigger dog would just plonk his butt down and say 'nope, not going!'. It seems sizeist that just coz I physically can drag them out that I should!:eek:

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
I feel mean taking them in the rain. I have to drag them along and I cant help thinking that a bigger dog would just plonk his butt down and say 'nope, not going!'. It seems sizeist that just coz I physically can drag them out that I should!:eek:
I'd feel differently if Kilo objected I am sure; if it's very cold or raining he'll not go past the end of the drive until his fleece or coat goes on if I haven't judged it 'bad enough' but it does have to be pretty bad for that to happen :w00t:.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I just ignore the weather and go. I'd never leave the house in NI if I had to wait for nice weather :eek:.
Same in Scotland ;)

She's not bothered - with or without a coat. That's if you're walking her - if you try to put her out the back in the rain for a quick wee, she won't go. But put her lead on her & she'll happily go anywhere in any weather. :)

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Same in Scotland ;)

She's not bothered - with or without a coat. That's if you're walking her - if you try to put her out the back in the rain for a quick wee, she won't go. But put her lead on her & she'll happily go anywhere in any weather. :)
That's Kilo too - I 'nudge' him off the doorstep with the back door and shut it til one's done :w00t:.

·
Registered
533 Posts
my hubby n I takes the dogs out wot ever the weather but if the weathers really bad bonnie wont go passed my front gate she like her cosy comforts where as harveys always ready to go

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't mind walking in the rain but Alfie doesn't like it. Last time it started raining while we were out he dived under the nearest bush and refused to come out! He is getting better a he gets older (he is almost 6 months old now).

·
Still missing my boys
42,317 Posts
Alfie wouldn't let me miss a walk, but I'm looking to get him a rain coat.

Doesn't bother me unless it's torrential, I do 4 walks a day anyway, 2 with Alf, 2 with walk dogs :)

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
opie will happily walk no matter what the weather is like. if it's raining, it means more muddy puddles for him to roll in :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.