UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure what is going on with this place of late. I haven't read all the threads, or all the way through, but here are my thoughts .

PF has at times been a live saver for me. It hasn't just been a place to come and chat about Clover and Daisy and their antics, but it's also been a place where I can be me, and be real. When I've been ill I've found care and acceptance, that quite frankly I don't get in real life much.

Friends on here have also become real life friends :) I've had really good advice about issues I've had with the girls, and people have given up their free time to help me.

What I'm trying to say is that there is good and bad in the internet, just like there is in real life. It's going to happen. It's how we deal with it that counts.

Lets not get bogged down in drama and fall outs and forget what an awesome place this is :)

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Well said CM, it's a place lots of folk can gain acceptance or tell people about issues that are troubling them - it certainly has been that place for me too.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Nice post :)

I think PF is fab and I find it a real joy to be on here and also a great relief, when I'm having a tough day with Dex. There is so much support and sound advice available.

I also know it's the one place I can come to where virtually everyone else is as passionate about their dogs as I am about mine.

PET FORUMS ROCKS!

·
Registered
14,957 Posts
Agree Clover's Mum, well said.

I've had some great advice and have been reassured by posts. At those times when I thought what have we done when Molly was being a real pain there's been someone or a diary or a blog to read. I think Sarah1983 blog and Owned By a Yellow Lab's comments have been so similar to us and written with lots of empathy.

I haven't met anyone from here yet, I hope we will soon.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I find it a complete pain!
I force myself to check my emails before opening PF! I only break off to cook meals or walk the dogs. I only ever seem to watch TV with one eye. I have blisters on my fingers and my knees are overheating by constantly having the laptop on them. And my OH has the nerve to say he thinks I am addicted to it!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
15,290 Posts
I love PF. Yeah there are heated debates and people falling out now and then but for the most part people are helpful and nice.

And it's nice to know someone other than my mum reads my blog :lol: I mostly started it because the best piece of advice I had while working with Rupert was to keep a diary of how he was doing. Nice to know my ramblings have helped someone in some way :D

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
If I didn't have PF then I'd NEVER be able to talk about my pets. Honestly, I have no animal lover friends so my stories and pictures just seem out of place in conversation. I'm the weird animal girl in real life while on this forum I'm part of a weird (lovely) community ;)

I like this place, even the negative threads because there is always some interesting point or insightful post to read. Its like ice cream.. even when its bad its still pretty good :D

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
I had a wee losing the plot moment here when I released the demons I kept so tightly under control around the people closest to me. And it wasn't held against me, some very good people here :) So I'd agree :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.