Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

This Place Is Coming Like A Ghost Town.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zaros, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

:(

Calvine likes this.
  2. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

Too much fighting on the dance floor

kathryn773, MrsZee, cat001 and 2 others like this.
  3. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

Yes :( Very quiet.

Us 3 can be the ghost busters :D

Zaros likes this.
  4. FeelTheBern

FeelTheBern They don't like it up 'em, sir!

Four.

Zaros likes this.
  5. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

MrsZee and Zaros like this.
  6. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

I've been watching Robot Wars.

MrsZee likes this.
  7. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

It's a shame because this forum was so lively.:(

8. cat001

cat001 PetForums VIP

I've been pushed back by a few members so I feel a bit wary about posting sometimes, a shame as this was the first forum I ever signed up to but feel a bit anxious when I post here sometimes now.

rona, MrsZee, sarybeagle and 5 others like this.
  9. Babyshoes

Babyshoes PetForums Senior

I've seen posts which come across as brusque, even a bit rude, but I usually try to see them as misunderstood, because it's easy to misread text without having a tone of voice to give cues.

Some people are not good at expressing themselves full stop, never mind in writing! Others are just concerned about the animals being discussed & don't care if the facts (as they see them) cast another person in a bad light. Sometimes, a harsh truth is deserved if what they are doing is wrong & will harm an animal; other times it can be a bit harsh if there turns out to be a misunderstanding or if there are other circumstances that have not been explained yet.

In cases like that where there is a negative emotional reaction to a post, it's worth taking a step back and trying to figure out if it could be read another way. Sometimes asking for clarification works wonders - "that came across as quite rude. Did you really mean ...?"

Going on the defensive or attacking them back seldom makes it better, in my experience.

Of course, if someone crosses the line and becomes abusive, just do not engage with them & report it to the mods - they seem pretty good on this forum, allowing robust discussions & disagreements but stopping actual abuse. It's a tough job!

10. Zaros

Good God! You've been a member here longer than I have. Nevertheless, I bet I've upset more folks than you have. Or maybe they've just upset themselves because they're not too clever at reading.;)
    But cheer up chuck, you should foster the same philosophy that I have, 'Phuqem' You shouldn't allow them to diminish who you are because of what they are.:)

Yeah, that'll be me! The consequence of a terrible upbringing and poor education see.:Sorry
    I usually swear profusely (that's like a real lot to the technical detail police) to get my message/s across but do tend to struggle to tone it down for those who sit in wait to be offended by the occasional application of a choice obscenity.
    For as much as I've tried, I swear, you just can't convince folks you suffer from Tourettes over the internet. :Wacky

11. Zaros

Explain yourself! :Watching

12. AlexPed2393

AlexPed2393 PetForums VIP

Does seem that a few more posts are getting inflammatory for someone mentioning a teeny tiny thing and then it is preyed upon :Muted

rona, kathryn773, MrsZee and 2 others like this.
  13. Zaros

Or not mentioning a teeny tiny thing even.;)

BRING ME THAT PF TEXT AGAIN JOHN
    [​IMG]

14. rottiepointerhouse

rottiepointerhouse PetForums VIP

It seems to happen to most forums these days as more and more people go over to facebook groups etc.

I'm on me holibobs in Dartmoor, the weather is foul, we've been soaked to the skin every walk despite waterproofs. The laptop is also playing up so its too frustrating to bother with much so I've been catching up on reading and watching a bit of tele. Also my family history essay went out end of last week in a journal and I've had a couple of people contact me wanting more information so I've really got back into that after a break from it.

Nice to see you back Janice. Hope all the poorly folk are feeling better soon.

15. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

I'm a geek! I'm not ashamed of admitting that. I LOVE ENGINEERING!

LinznMilly, MrsZee and Zaros like this.
  16. Zaros

I'm a mechanical engineer by profession :) and most of what I've custom built is in operation around the globe.:Smug

Nowt like blowing your own trumpet eh.;)

On the whole I can make quite a lot of things given a few basic materials, but am best known here for my innate ability to make trouble.

But mainly with those who are constantly on the look out for it.:Hilarious

17. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Been all over the place last couple of weeks, my mother .. together with her illness(s) are exhausting.

To save my sanity I'm trying to keep some time for me so still playing tennis, by the time I catch up around the house after seeing to everyone else I'm so tired, just enough energy to climb the stairs and fall asleep.

Weekends, when I used to recharge are filled by hubby who tries to pack as much as he can into two days by planning outings and taking over my tv o_O. He means well :rolleyes:.

18. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

I know what you are getting at: several times recently when I take a look at what's happening, it seems only A to Z of..., The Banning Game, Caption Time, What Do You Prefer, True or False, The Last Person To...etc etc, and the only actual discussions are going round in ever-decreasing circles about the referendum, Brexit itself or President Trump.

#18 Calvine, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  19. Zaros

General Chat is just like being dead

[​IMG]

Except without the Commitment!

[​IMG]

20. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

I love you!

Zaros and cheekyscrip like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice