Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

This mornings commotion!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Beagle Mafia, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

I woke up this morning and bleary eyed walked to the bathroom. I got in the shower and washed my hair as usual. It was then I heard a commotion outside coming from Buster. He was yelping and whining. He sounded like he’d really hurt himself, I quickly wrapped a towel around my head and threw my dressing gown on. My heart was pounding and I didn’t know what I’d find. He was lying in his bed in such a state holding his paw up. I looked quickly and couldn’t see blood so took a closer look, as I touched his paw he pulled away so he couldn’t have broken anything…then I looked down and noticed a piece of selotape about 6cm by 2.5cm had got stuck to the top of his paw :rolleyes: . I tried to pull a corner away but he yelped and pulled his paw away from me, a few other attempts later he still had selotape stuck to his paw!!!

So I took him into the bathroom and got a bowl of tepid, soapy water and sponged at the selotape to gently peel it off. Whilst I sponged away he licked my arm in gratitude. Once it was off all was left was a bit of sticky fur so he carried on licking and biting bits of fur off and got quite upset!!

Then we walked downstairs whilst he limped all the way down…whining and making a fuss. He sat in his bed sulking…I chucked a ball in the garden for Millie who has watched in disbelief at the wimp!! And who should run out into the garden with no limp or fuss….yes that’s right Buster!!! Grrr!!!

The little monkey had caused so much chaos and made me late for work in the process :rolleyes: he is such a wimp!!! But love him to bits!!

We have our Bronze GCDS assessment tonight. Buster failed back in August after being attacked by another dog and refusing to complete the last activity of the assessment… so I really hope he does well tonight. After this morning’s shenanigans I am doubtful :rolleyes:: :glare:

2. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Aww Bless:) good luck with bronze :)

3. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

I'm sure he'll be fine, both Maya and him should Pass but the old man with the collie? hmm not likely and depends if the papilion wants to take on kobi the shepherd or not tonight.

Good luck, will see you tonight. Julie is judgeing so we may just sneak an extra pass in ;)

4. Helbo

Helbo PetForums VIP

Awwww bless him!

Good luck tonight :D

5. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

What a great big baby!! I hope he makes amends tonight - good luck.

6. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Bless Him :D Poor lad, he forced himself to chase that ball to stop you worrying :lol:

good luck for tonight :)

7. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Buster THRIVES on making me worry!! :rolleyes:

Somehow I think after last night's agility training, this mornings antics and the change in weather my boy will be in trouble tonight :rolleyes:

Shame as I promised him a massive raw chicken leg as a treat!! :D

8. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

:lol: Bless him

Good luck with your bronze Mr Buster

Em
    xx

9. SpringerHusky

I feel mean, i've not offerd Maya anything :lol:

10. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Good luck tonight :D :D

11. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Thanks!! I have a really bad feeling about tonight. Mum and dad was supposed to be looking after Millie but my sister has been taken to hospital!! :( poor sister :(

Hubby is late home from work so praying we'll be there on time...in fact I haven't finished in work yet :rolleyes::

Hoping when we get home the rush to get them ready won't have a negative effect...after teh day I am having, the pressure at work, worry of my sister and frustration with Buster I am hardly in the mood to 'pass' :glare:

12. SpringerHusky

I'd try and give you some of mine but i'm having a rough day myself :(

13. Heather78

Heather78 PetForums Senior

Aww love him lol. Hope tonight goes well for you and that your sister is okay. Sending good {{vibes}} hopefully xx

14. portiaa

portiaa PetForums VIP

bless him! :D Good luck tonight-im sure he'll pass! :)

15. lexie2010

lexie2010 PetForums Senior

good luck tonight! lexie has her bronze award test tomorrow!

16. Debxan

Debxan PetForums Member

Hope you got on all right. Would be interested to hear how you did. What does Bronze assessment consist of?

17. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

OMG buster you have really really made me wet myself reading this!!

I really hope you pass hun (and you too SH) and I hope you get there ok etc xxxx

Love the fact millie sat looking in disbleief as if to say sheesh!!

18. SpringerHusky

19. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

WE PASSED!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cannot say how proud I am of Buster getting this bronze award!! It was not easy but finally 18 months after we started I can say I have the paperwork to prove what I already knew.

This makes no difference to me (or Buster for that!! lol) as I know training needs to carry on forever but after the injustice of his last assessment and the many tears over the months I am chuffed that 99.9% of the time I have a well trained beagle and a great relationship with him. The certificate just shows that we reached that milestone together.

Thankyou Buster - my best friend :)

Heres to silver ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice