Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

This just made me cry

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by debijw, Jul 6, 2009.

1. debijw

debijw PetForums VIP

How can anybody be so callous, sometimes my faith in humanity is sorely tested. Then It is restored by the people at rescues who look after these poor animals. When my oh gets up I'm going to ask him if I can have her, he will probably say no but I'm still going to ask.

Zee Zee

100_0532.jpg

100_0540.jpg
    04-07-09 Poor Zee Zee was found straying on a mountain. She is very thin and might have been out in the wilderness for a while. Her mange however has been left untreated for years. Her skin was sore and scabby from her head to her toes. We would actually be very happy for the person responsible for this dog to come forward and try to claim her, so that we can report them for cruelty.
    Zee Zee is a dear little girl, maybe about 4 years old and, believe it or not, she's a westie. Despite being in excruciating pain she was very tolerant of us bathing and massaging her. She's taken her first steps on the road to recovery and this is a surprisingly short road. We expect her skin to look and feel fine in just a week or two after treatment with Aromesse Dermacton cream and her hair should even grow back very soon.

This dog is at the main rescue centre in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire. To adopt a dog from Many Tears Animal Rescue please make sure you have read our adoption procedures before applying. You will be home checked and you and all members of your family and any dog(s) who will be living with the dog MUST come to meet the new dog. All our dogs are micro-chipped, inoculated and spayed/neutered unless there is a medical reason for not doing so. If you are adopting a puppy you will need to provide details of training classes in your area. We ask for a minimum adoption fee of £150. If you are interest in adopting please call the rescue centre between 10am and 4pm on 01269 843084. We are unable to return phone calls so please try again if your call is not answered.

2. animallover111

I just do not understand why or how any human can do this :mad: :mad:
    I hope Zee Zee find a loving home soon though i am sure she will she is a real sweetie :)

3. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Aww so sad eh..:(

Found up in a moutain!??? was she dumped up there ?? so sad...should find the people who did this and dump THEM up in the mountains!!!! :mad:

Good luck hope you get her xxx Keep us posted...;)

4. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Awwww that's so sad :( Poor little girl :( How can anybody do this to such a little sweetie? :mad: :mad:

I really hope Zee Zee finds a loving home quickly and get all the love she deserves. Fingers crossed for you debijw!

5. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

Those pictures are awful, she just cries out to be loved.

The sad thing is she once was a cute pup who had a home and someone she loved, but to he found on a mountain....she may have escaped but I doubt it very much.

Whoever had her, well, words cannot explain how people on this site will feel towads them.

I hope she finds a home soon, she is adorable

6. debijw

debijw PetForums VIP

Well.... the oh has said I can ring Many Tears tomorrow and enquire about Zee Zee, to say I was surprised is an understatement I thought as we already have two he would say no, but he was as upset at her condition as I was. :)

7. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

Keep us posted!!

Glad the OH is as understanding as you are, hope all goes well with your phone call. Poor little thing needs someone like you in her life!! ;):):wink5:

How could anyone do that to her, probably she got the skin problem and they didn't want the expense so dumped her!! :(:mad::cursing::eek:

Good luck!!

8. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

glad OH has agreed you can have her, good luck with the phone call, look forward to update.

9. debijw

debijw PetForums VIP

Couldn't wait to phone today, Many Tears site says they dont always answer calls but they do not ring you back you have to keep trying or you can email them, so thats what I did last night. Had a reply this morning, I have pasted it here for all to see.

I am sorry she is not ready to be adopted we will post more info and up dates as we have them.

Zee Zee is doing well considering, but she is still very very sore. She is being bathed daily and having aromesse spray on 3 times a day. She has very very swollen eyes and feels so sorry for her-self. On a positive note she loves walks and LOVES her food. Pigs ears and treats at night make her forget her pain and her little tail thumps to see me/.

WE will do an up date when we are happy for her to either go to foster or go to a home.

I understand this, they do like to make sure all the dogs they get at Many Tears are as well as can be before they leave. I will be checking the site many times daily, I don't want to miss the possibility of getting this little angel.

10. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

You may have to visit Many Tears to see for yourself and then you could reserve the dog until she is o.k and you get a home check. They will be very pleased to see you.

11. debijw

debijw PetForums VIP

Thank you Bobbie,

If I could go today believe me I would be there now, but I know the adoption process is a longish one and I am going into hospital tomorrow for a couple of days, then the oh is back in work for three nights then off for eight days, we may go then. It's 252miles, about 4 1/2hrs from our home and of course Lexi and Ozzy will come with us, we could possibly find somewhere to stay overnight so the dogs are not stuck in the car all day.

12. yohan

yohan PetForums Junior

Oh.. Poor little fella!.. How could they do things like that?

13. Akai-Chan

Akai-Chan Banned

Seems the spammers are out on this thread tonight... Mods!

Peace
    Akai-Chan

14. debijw

debijw PetForums VIP

Just letting you know I didn't get ZeeZee, many tears felt she would be better off as an only dog as her skin was still sore, she was older than first thought and she just deserved to be spoilt. I was sad when I read that but understand, my two are quite boisterous.

I do know that Zee Zee has found her forever home and went last week. Many tears did a wonderful job getting her ready for adoption and her fur was growing back on her ears, they thought the damage caused by the mange had scarred them and her fur would never grow again. I am glad she has a new home.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice