Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

This is why peope should have their animals fixed

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Miss.PuddyCat, May 9, 2010.

1. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

I was told this last night while shopping for Soda new "dog" leather collar.

The lady who was helping both my dad and I while we searched asked if my cat needed to wear a collar. Which I explain yes because she is strictly indoors but has a habit of sneaking up on the door when you open it. I explained all the cats were once outdoors when I found them.

She then went on to say that that is excatly why people should have their animals fixed. Then there wouldnt be stray/abandoned cats.

It made for a really awkward moment because I thought that I wouldnt have my three beautifull cats today if someone had gotten their cats fixed

Maybe Im being selfish but I am happy someone didnt get their cats fixed. It really put a damper on my already depressing mood.

2. KittyKat1

KittyKat1 PetForums Member

Yeah, I know what you mean, but there is always a big kitten problem every kitten season and many go uncared for or die. I'm sure she didn't mean to upset you and it is so great you took in 3 cats! don't let it take from what you got!!
    I volunteer at my local shelter and we often find kittens in very bad conditions when the owners of cats literally dump their kittens. Thats why my shelter insists that all kittens going to new homes get neutered at the appropriate age - they even give free vouchers to new owners!!

And all my cats are the result of someone not neutering their cats and I'm a proud owner of 3 cats too!

3. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

Yeh I understand the need to have cats spayed and neutured which mine all are. I guess it was more the tone in the way she said it.

It is sad when someone just dumps them to fend for themselves. I mean who would get rid of mister snuggle bug Horris!

4. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

I know the feeling... if people were all responsible etc etc I wouldn't have my trio or have had baby Misha... all my cats are rescue of some description and whilst I am happy Mabel will have no more kittens I can't imagine life without them...

rather than think of the negatives just think... you were meant to be there for your babies and I think they would have found you some way no matter what.

5. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

awww maby your cats where just ment for you it nice you took in strays and they say the cat picks the person not the other way around lol so there luky to have you but i think it inportent to spray cats as not all strays are lucky and most end up in shelter or hurt

6. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

Ignore the negative remarks.

If you want a reason why people should have their cats fixed then look at this

RSPCA Macclesfield - cats to be Rehomed

How anyone can allow this to happen is beyond me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice