Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

This is all HG Wells fault!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zaros, May 20, 2010.

1. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

It often makes me wonder if Science hasn’t completely lost the plot. They continually spend obscene amounts of money on space exploration searching for life on other planets whilst standing idly by and watching it fail on this. :confused1:

The enclosed link explains how they intend to isolate a small group of people for 520 days, in a personal space of 3 square metres, to test how long it takes before isolation begins to affect the human mind. The research is being carried out in the run up to the ‘Mission to Mars’ expedition.

In order to save both time and the total cost of the entire experiment someone evidently overlooked the obvious.
    Why didn’t they just interview hardened criminals who have spent considerable periods of their prison terms in solitary confinement?

Just a thought. :rolleyes:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100519/twl-astronauts-prepare-for-mars-mission-41f21e0.html

#1 Zaros, May 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
  2. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I can agree to a point as I believe there's alot of environmental causes that should be considered a priority but then again I was OBSESSED with the LHC when they first switched that on .... was a bit of a disappointment when it broke down but reignited my interest in physics again

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice