Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

This is a new one.

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by sequeena, Jun 24, 2009.

1. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I think Sky has developed a 'thing' about people being behind her when we're out.

I only noticed this about an hour go. When we're walking and someone is behind us, she'll stop, look at them, walk, turn back, and jump about a little.

She's easy enough to control, I'm just wondering why she does it. As soon as the person has passed us she calms down and walks normally again.

Is it the herding instinct? It's very confusing because she's never done this before.

2. basi

basi PetForums Senior

All of mine will turn around if someone is walking behind us, no chance of anyone ever creeping up on me:D Depending on how far away the person is I will usualy step to the side and let them past otherwise they will be turning round and walking at the same time and start walking in to lamp posts:rolleyes5: If they are too far I cross the road then they don't seem to mind.

3. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I'm glad mine isn't the only one who does it!! :D

4. basi

basi PetForums Senior

Nope your not alone:D I don't mind it to be honest so if someone does try and creep up they will get the evil eye or should i say eyes from my lot;)
    All our Basenjis have done it, they are just a very suspicious breed by nature.

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Haha Sky is the same. She's scaring the crap out of people. I've seen other people out with GSDs and complete strangers fuss them like they're grandchildren - when they see Sky they cross the road. She's only black mun, she's still a gsd :eek:ut:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice