Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

This is a joke

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by nat1979, May 18, 2010.

1. miti999

miti999 PetForums Senior

Why would anyone cross a King Charles with a Staff?

2. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

:scared: £200 for a mutt!!!!!!!!!!!

3. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

i thought that was cheap.

very strange and crazy cross. the ones pictured are £300 but the others are £200. :confused:

4. carebear

carebear PetForums Senior

5. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

But it's not even a first cross it's a mongrel!! I can't believe people pay that for mongrels. Bloody hell I live a sheltered life!! :lol:

6. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

The first one is a bizarre cross seriously. Can't be worse than collie/bichon/chinese crested though. I can't believe people would pay £200 for a mongrel though

7. carebear

why would anyone want one.

8. carebear

10 years ago there were ads for puppys free to good home, you never see that anymore. last year my cat had kittens it didn`t enter my head to sell them i gave them all away but people are asking up to £50 for a moggy.

9. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I got a crossbreed puppy for free the breeder refused to take money for a mutt she actually thought it was illegal to ask for money for a cross. But you don't see that much

10. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

The world has gone crazy. People object to paying £100 + for a vaccinated, neutered rescue dog yet will pay silly money for a mongrel puppy who, 15 years ago would have been classed as a 'mistake' and given away free (I do not agree with free though!) or cheaply to a 'good home'. Now a 'good home' appears to be the one who will pay as much as the breeder (loose term!) asks!:rolleyes:

11. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

this is truely crazy. i bet people object to rescue centres and paying out for a rescue centre, but then go onto freeadds and will pay this much for a mongrel pup.

12. Zippstar

Zippstar PetForums Member

People pay stupid money for cross breeds - i understand rescue organisations rely somewhat on the standard £100 donation for whatever type of dog, but for a private seller thats ridiculous. I guess when we bought Sparky from Preloved we got a good bargain at £100 - he's a pure black Labrador (although without papers). He'd already been neutered, too.

13. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

I am not against crossbreeds - I have four of my own and lovely they all are too! :p But I do not agree with breeding them for re-sale like this and the trouble is that if that litter sells, the bitches owner will go and breed again! If I knew someone who bred dogs like this, I would be having serious words!:eek:

14. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

It's the same as when I adopted my kitten, people asked me why I'd paid the RPSCA £45 when you could get moggies for £5 in the paper!!! Duh cos my moggie came vaccinated, chipped and with a free nuteuring voucher..vet told me it would have cost me £100 to have him castrated!!!! People are so short sighted.

I think people like to know what breeds have gone into their mutt, which is why they buy dogs off the ads which say 'staffie x doberman x less spotted purple hound dog'...rather than get a rescue which is called what it is...a crossbreed or a mongrel!! :rolleyes:

15. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

My pups were free to good homes only :)

16. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

we gave our kittens free to good homes back in the day, some on gumtree ask 110 quid for a ginger moggie! insane.

and no i wouldn't pay 600 quid for 3/4 husky ect ect but i wouldn't mind paying a small fee for something, dog or other to me it shows your willing then Ur willing to look after it properly.

17. flufffluff39

I would'nt like to give a dog away unless to friends and family. As you said just a small fee just to show your dedicated to having a pup or dog. I think if you want to give something for a pup or dog go to the dogs home and rescue one :)

18. Fuzzbugs!x

Fuzzbugs!x PetForums VIP

When my mum had a litter from her GSD bitch years ago - won all sorts in obedience and agility, she had 11 puppies. Three stayed in the family - my mum, auntie and cousin - and one went to the stud dog's owners. The puppies were advertised at £350 but when the owners came to pick their fluff ball up on their final visit my mum let them go free of charge. It was a way of dettering people who see 'free puppies' and get one on a whim. My mum only wanted one litter from Misty to carry on her lines and she was dressed afterwards. Of course not everyone has the funds to do that but to charge that amount for a heinz 57 is madness. Like someone else said go to a rescue! xx

19. flufffluff39

I can tell you a story that is terrible. A woman living near me was walking past some rubbish that was waiting for the binmen. Her dog was really interested in it so she peared in a cardboard box and there were some tiny pups. Turns out they were jacks x chihauhaus. My mums next door neighbour caught a man trying to drown a pup of the same breed in the same area. Now then I looked on the dogs for sale and a litter of the same kind of pups is going for 550??? Now thats shocking to me :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice