UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Louie's exclusion diet has made things a hell of a lot more expensive. But I thought I had found a supplier that I was going to be happy with as it was cheaper and I could order 2 months of food for under £80. MVM looked brilliant.

Nope! I sent my order off for delivery for 4th Dec. Sent it off early as some things are out of stock now but just incase they come into stock - I *should* be getting them 1st come 1st served in my eyes. Anyway. I've just checked the site again and they've scrapped the 2lb packs. And now instead of £78 my order now prices up to £125 for 2 months food.

Feeling a bit disappointed and now I'm looking for good kibbles that I can afford without Beef in.

I get that they're getting a lot of custom and that packaging changes and more staff. But there was no warning about prices or that they were scrapping one of the weights. No note to say those who have already ordered will still get what they ordered at the prices they were before.

:thumbdown:

G

·
I've got an order coming on the 7th December but i've ordered the 5lb packs. Hope they don't scrap these aswell. I'm also hoping the lamb bones etc will all be back in stock for when my order comes. I was told to order early to avoid disappointment which I have done. Will be so annoyed if I don't get what I ordered or it comes to alot more than i thought.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
How about landywoods??

I only buy beef heart outside (butcher) and apart from that they have no beef just get poultry and tripe from landywoods just spent 80£ for two months for my three.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Oh that's a bit rubbish :(

That's a hell of a price difference :eek: Could you not just order the 5lb packs and allow them to defrost and portion them up yourself? A lot of faff I know though.

I've just been looking at the website and LOADS of items are out of stock, including 3 of the 4 items I was hoping to order next week on a Fed-Ex delivery :(

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh that's a bit rubbish :(

That's a hell of a price difference :eek: Could you not just order the 5lb packs and allow them to defrost and portion them up yourself? A lot of faff I know though.

I've just been looking at the website and LOADS of items are out of stock, including 3 of the 4 items I was hoping to order next week on a Fed-Ex delivery :(
Thats what I was doing, I work out how many lbs etc I need for 8 weeks and I was going to portion it up when it got here, but it's working out far too expensive now.

I shouldn't have to ring them up. They have a website, my email, my phone number, a FB page - they should forewarn before prices go up.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Thats what I was doing, I work out how many lbs etc I need for 8 weeks and I was going to portion it up when it got here, but it's working out far too expensive now.

I shouldn't have to ring them up. They have a website, my email, my phone number, a FB page - they should forewarn before prices go up.

Ahh, sorry... think I misunderstood you. I thought you were just saying that they'd scrapped the 2lb and 3lb sizes.... I didn't realise that the 5lb size had actually increased in price :(

I think it's a bit of a poor show to be putting prices up like that with a. no notification to customers (how long would it take to do a quick status on their FB page?) and b. they must be struggling to keep up with current orders or so many items wouldn't keep going in and out of stock.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
that's the problem - the FB page and customer reviews has increased demand dramatically, and I think it will be a while before they get themselves sorted out. It will be a shame if the current shambles puts people off.

I was more than happy with my order - meat 100% better than the delivery I got from rawtogo, and more importantly, Bess is eating it! Turns out they delivered too much to me - including an additional 3 trays of hare shoulders which are not cheap! I offered to pay for these (I'll still have come out on top with the other extra stuff, but I'm not going to go through my freezer to say exactly what it is), but they said not to worry.

Ooops. Maybe that's why they increased the prices! :eek:

PS If you're going by the prices on the website it could well be a mistake. And you are entitled to get what you ordered at the price at the time you ordered it!

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that's the problem - the FB page and customer reviews has increased demand dramatically, and I think it will be a while before they get themselves sorted out. It will be a shame if the current shambles puts people off.

I was more than happy with my order - meat 100% better than the delivery I got from rawtogo, and more importantly, Bess is eating it! Turns out they delivered too much to me - including an additional 3 trays of hare shoulders which are not cheap! I offered to pay for these (I'll still have come out on top with the other extra stuff, but I'm not going to go through my freezer to say exactly what it is), but they said not to worry.

Ooops. Maybe that's why they increased the prices! :eek:

PS If you're going by the prices on the website it could well be a mistake. And you are entitled to get what you ordered at the price at the time you ordered it!
Apparently there's no mistake, or at least one hasn't been told. It's your fault the prices have gone up! :eek: :thumbdown: You suck! :p

The fact that it'll cost me £25 extra to feed them a month is annoying.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Im confused, Ive been looking at the website over the past few days and noticed the 2lb packs of minces had gone but didnt notice the price had gone up much. The price/lb for a 1lb pack and the 2lb pack were the same for all the minces (I wondered originally why they even bothered with the 2lb packs). Im really surprised the price could have gone up so much!

We're looking at putting an order in as soon as we get a freezer ready for the "big change over"! Excited!

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Out of interest, what's increased in price?
Probably packaging and more staff.

They have scrapped the 2lb ones because not many people were interested in them. However they're just starting out and I know a lot of people are buying 1lb ones just to test the water.

Berriewoods - hmm never really liked their range.

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok so I might have made a tiny cock up on the spreadsheet. :eek:

But we're ok :D

It's only going to cost a couple of quid extra - it's FINE!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.