Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Thinking about early neutering?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by spid, Sep 17, 2013.

1. spid

spid PetForums VIP

If you are, this is what it looks like - deflated fluffy pom-poms on a boy and a 1cm wound on a girl. They were done late this morning and are home and running around like nothing has happened - i.e. like loonies! They are 12 weeks old. JUST DO IT!

Attached Files:

#1 spid, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  2. Mirx3

Mirx3 PetForums VIP

why do some vets not do early neutering?

3. cats galore

cats galore PetForums VIP

i'm having my rescue cat flossy's kittens done when they are 12 weeks old. i'd never heard of it before coming on here. i will be so much happier when they go to their new homes knowing they cannot reproduce. thanks for showing us that it really isn't a big deal for the kittens

4. spid

spid PetForums VIP

You would have to ask them - I would imagine though because they are old school and don't believe in it, or they are old and don't have the skills.

5. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Agree :D Like most breeders over here I've EN'd all my litters, I drop them off at the vets and collect an hour later like nothing has happened. They bounce back instantly, and the new owners never have to worry about heat cycles or amorous boys.
    Along with the wonderful knowledge that my kittens will never be used by BYB's.

It's becoming more common in the UK, though I do know breeders who've done it for years over there, you just have to look and perhaps be willing to travel a little bit.

6. Aurelie

Aurelie PetForums VIP

I was unable to find anyone to do it with Nancy, however this time around my vets have said that as soon as they can see pom poms they will take them off! So Bruno will be snipped much earlier than the other two were :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice