Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Think our road will be no fun in summer :(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GoldenShadow, Mar 29, 2011.

1. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Been kids on bikes and scooters playing in the middle of the road and the odd few kicking footballs into gardens. Just had some go by now proper booting the football round the road its gone in countless drive ways.

I must be a right grump I was ready at the window to climb out and nick the football if it came in ours :lol:

Seriously though we don't live on a little estate its a road back off the main road and gets a fair bit of traffic and people not abiding by speed limits when it starts to get dark. No way I'd let a kid play out on a road that gets this busy :(

Do you think its out of order to tell them to shove off elsewhere if they're kicking footballs into gardens from the road? My car takes up most of the driveway so its not like it would be an accident to hit it :rolleyes:

2. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

It sounds like my road. The house opposite seems to be the cool place for them all to hang out and shoot basketball hoops. I just let them get on with it. When I go out with the dogs I stop and have a chat with them and see how they're all doing, let them stroke the dogs and stuff. I might need their help one day so I think it's best not to alienate them :) I just turn my music up so I can't hear them if they get a bit rowdy.

It's unlikely that a football will do any damage to your car...but a group of spiteful peeved off kids can do a lot of damage.

3. GoldenShadow

TBH some are a bit funny and boot footballs directly at the cars, that's the older ones younger ones tend to be on the bikes and scooters :)

Just spoke to neighbour apparently what our road gets is nothing compared those further back, apparently all the football people live on this road near the park and it's really bad there.

Thing is it's not just cars they narrowly missed next doors windows which are double glazed but ours aren't, eep lol! Long as they're careful and don't give me evils if I nearly run them over :scared:

4. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

our estate was always quiet but now gangs of kids from neighbouring estates congregate on here, dont mind them playing etc it's when the older ones are drunk & fighting & screaming at each other I object!

5. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

Our road is just a little side road off a main road and only people that live on it drive down so it's pretty safe.

We do get all the drunks walking down it though when they have decided they dont want to walk any further along the side of the river :rolleyes:

6. ClaireLouise

I like to hear the kids kicking the football on our street. I listen to them talking they make me laugh

7. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

If you're going out in the car just have a laugh with them about getting out of the way in case you run them over. If they think you're cool then they'll happily stay out of your way.

If you play either Death Metal or Classical Music really loud they will go hang out and fight/drink/scream somewhere else :lol:

I used to have a group of older kids hang out side here a few years ago, drinking and smoking and stuff, they started to sit on my fence and one of them threw an empty beer can in my garden. I went out and said I didn't mind them hanging out or sitting on the fence but please would they use the bin for empty cans...they were very respectful and never left any mess after that. When I was going to bed because I had work in the morning I'd just stick my head out the window and say and they'd go somewhere else :)

I always find that being respectful to kids/youths gets you respect back :)

I live on a council estate BTW not some posh area.

8. GoldenShadow

I wouldn't be disrespectful to them but its hard to be particularly caring when they show little care for people's houses/gardens (older ones playing football I'm on about, littlies just sit on the bottom of scooters falling over each other etc).

Think half the reason I really cba with them is I have loads of work to do and repetitive banging working its way up the road is a bit like :nono: you should be in school anyway kind of a thing :p

9. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Just had a big thump at the window while reading this...went out ...two kids about 12,and a football in front of the door.
    Kid said sorry straight away...I let him in the gate to get his ball and took him and his mate to the window where I'd jerked the curtain back...they could see my parakeets from there...I told 'em watch what you're doing,you frightened the crap out my parrots.
    They both apologised again...no hassle,no agro,just a request on behalf of my parrots which they both understood.....sorted.

10. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

Welcome to my world :( I live in a little square on the edge of an estate and the kids are FOREVER outside and then leaving their bikes/scooters/skateboards/rollerblades/footballs/skate ramps etc all over the road. Their favourite thing at the moment is jumping off skate ramps on their skateboards from as early as 7.30am :mad:

It wouldn't be so bad but there is a bloody kids park less than 100yds down the road :mad:

I just grit my teeth and count to ten. If I can, I take Daisy out or if I'm stuck in the house working I just turn the music up louder!

11. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

I agree with metal dog and poohdog. We have hundreds of the little buggers round here. My garden also backs up onto a park which is a though road for the local college and uni.
    With the local kids I just try and be reasonable with them, ask them to mind the cars and I always let them fuss the dogs and show them Percys meerkat trick (they love that). Letting them get to know the dogs means that they dont wind the dogs up through the fence or kick balls against it (we are end house nest to a green)
    My mum did lose her temper with some people walking along the back the other day who banged the fence every step or so to make Samba go mad.

Living here as long as I have Im used to the noise now, although it has got steadily worse where they have built the uni and the college but generally its ok. Infact in summer I cant sleep unless I can hear a BBQ going on!! ;) :rolleyes::

Oh Freshers week is the best bit, Im so glad Samba will have moved out before the next one of them

12. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Ha ha do we atually live in the same road!!! We have three parks within less than two minutes distance!

13. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

[​IMG]

I"m on my way round to sort them out for you:001_smile:

metame likes this.
  14. noogsy

noogsy PetForums VIP

i live across the road from childminder from hell :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    she leaves the kids out running about the street,
    it drives me mental.

15. rona

rona Guest

Go flutter your eyelashes at them and ask them nicely not to do it.
    They are male, a little flattery should get them eating out of your hand ;)

16. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

When any kids have been playing outside and it's getting a little out of control, I never have to say anything, I would just take Amber out for a short walk that soon moved them on, it should be the same this year with Dillon he's 14 months old and bigger than Amber already. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice