Think kitten may be younger?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by RottieMummy, Apr 19, 2017.

1. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

I think the fluffiness of her coat is probably due to the fact she is younger than first thought. It is not impossible for her to be longhaired since that is caused by a recessive gene, so both parents only need to each pass on one gene to the same offspring and it will be longhaired although, having said that, if the dam was a 'real' Siamese, she should not have been carrying longhair!

Her tail does not look like a potential longhair to me.

2. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave PetForums VIP

Maybe the 'help' delivering was a c-section

3. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Invoices are easily photoshopped to change dates.
    Even if she is just extremely small no decent breeder would have let her go being half of the normal size, typical of bybs though, they do things because they can, people continue to support them over a good rescue :(

4. Serenity123

Serenity123 PetForums Member

Kira is beautiful, she's lucky to have someone so caring x

KittenKong likes this.
  5. thedebonair

thedebonair PetForums VIP

Ditto this. The positive side to this is that at least it was you who chose to look after her and not someone who didn't really care, or Kira staying with the breeder any longer who clearly just wanted her out of the way. Good on you that you have had the thoughtfulness to come here to the forum for help and advice.

Kira is super cute :)

KittenKong likes this.
  6. KittenKong

KittenKong PetForums VIP

Ditto from me too.

She's gorgeous and nothing nicer than seeing a cat/kitten looking so happy.

She's lucky to have found you.

7. Elaine b37

Elaine b37 PetForums Member

I think if she is settled, eating well, is playing, alert, toileting appropriately it would be more distressing to try to take her back, she might smell differently now to her Mum and might not be welcomed. If you do get a chance to speak to the vet who first examined her that would be good, but I would just concentrate on feeding her up and settling her in and be mindful that she might be younger than you first thought

and she is gorgeous!

claire8234 and Babyshoes like this.
  8. RottieMummy

RottieMummy Run free at the bridge my darling x

Not heard anything further from the breeder this morning and she hasn't answered my last message so I'm starting to think I have been lied to. It's hard to really know as so much seems convincing and then something makes me suspicious.

I figure there is no harm delaying her vaccinations for a few weeks just to make sure anyway. She's got a touch of diarrhoea today, I from changing the food although I am doing it slowly. Hopefully it settles down soon.

Babyshoes likes this.
  9. Underthewillowtree

Underthewillowtree PetForums Newbie

We just brought home a kitten that is 520grams and she is 9 weeks old. The family we brought her from said that unfortunately she got the teat with the least milk and her brother was huge because he got the best. He said that in the past when they get to their new homes and don't have to fight for food they gain weight like crazy. I'm taking her to the vets in a week and if she's gaining weight rapidly I'll be happy :) sometimes kittens are just smaller.

10. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

xx

#30 catcoonz, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017