UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a bit of a slow start, I think Scooter's finally got the idea!

Been debating the clicker for a while but seeing the Blue Cross dogs I'm working with responding so well to them made me take the plunge - wish I'd done it sooner! Scooter's hard to motivate and spits out treats on walks but the clicker seems to have upped his motivation enormously. He's interested in me and looking for his next command to come, his focus is improving all the time!

Our last 2 walks have been brilliant - I normally keep him on the lead or leave it trailing but today in particular I was brave enough to let him have a really good gallop. Lovely to see! He hasn't run like that on a walk for years so most of the credit has to go to his Joint Care for Dogs, no limping so far but will see if he's stiff tomorrow.
He came back every time I called, first time, without stopping on the way to sniff - for him that's fantastic :thumbup:

Breeze is still getting the hang of it. Sometimes she's brilliant but if my timing is out she gets confused and we have to stop for a bit, I need to practice ;)

Still don't trust Scooter's recall, but so far, so good!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sounds like a good plan!!!
Hope your training continues to be successful, congrats!!!
I too will be beginning a bit of clicker training this week.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a good plan!!!
Hope your training continues to be successful, congrats!!!
I too will be beginning a bit of clicker training this week.
Thank you! Good luck, I'm really enjoying it and think the dogs are too :D

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
I'm glad the clicker has clicked with Scooter :D I couldn't be without mine - I almost permanently have it in my hand!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.