Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Things you know are wrong but do them anyway

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nellybelly, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

If I'm eating something that is not harmful to dogs, and Bella begs, she gets some. This is usually a snack that I eat while sitting on the couch. She never gets food from the kitchen table so she is not a pain during mealtimes.

We have worked hard on teaching Bella about chill-out times and have come really far. But occasionally, when she brings me her toys during a chill out time I do play with her.

And when I come home on the few occasions that she doesn't come out with me, and she stands on her back legs and wags her tails and smiles and does the "Bella's happy dance" I do give her a fuss before she settles down.

2. Olly's Mum

Olly's Mum PetForums Member

I let olly on the bed for a cuddle in the morning. I know its bad because he doesnt understand why he cant sleep there all the time.

3. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

I let Oscar hang around the table at dinner time and he generally ends up being rewarded by something falling off one of the kids plates which means i have zero chance of him never begging at the table. We can eat on our laps and he doesn't bother us though :D

I allow him to sit in the front window which means he goes ballistic when he sees a cat and loons about barking until i stop him all of which could be remedied by me not allowing him in the window but its his favourite place in the world to sit :eek:

4. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

I let my dogs on the bed when the BF isn't in it... I give them the dry bits of my dunked digestive biscuits (not chocolate) and I let Amber mouth at me, which is the worst, but it's so cuuuuute. *sigh* We do need to train her not to though... responsibility bites. Oh, and Nero is allowed on the sofa whenever he likes!

5. houndies

houndies PetForums Member

The three of them are pretty quiet - especially for hounds. Occasionally one will start to bay at a fox in the garden and then they all go. I don't immediately quiet them down because I really like the sound of them.

Same here - when I open the bedroom door in the morning they're lined up waiting - like life depended on it. They have bed cuddles at night too :eek:

Margot is professional at cute begging and does make us crack. I think the other two put her up to it as they don't really beg but do get some too.

6. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

She knows not to hang around looking for food when we are eating and sits away from us v quietly. This was rewarded by a scrap from our plate going in her dish and now its a daily event. Not something I wanted to make a habit of.

I dont make her go on her bed. She chooses where she wants to sleep. Usually not on the furniture. It's no big deal she goes on her bed voluntarily when she is really tired or if she is asked.

We tend to have a v relaxed routine no specific commands for anything so I probably dont ask her to sit enough but hey ho, we rub along nicely and she always does what she is asked.

A dog in a dogs place? Naa not in this household.
    Oh forgot the biggie - She Sleeps On My Bed :lol::lol:

7. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Dillon never has tit-bits from us and he never hangs round the table, If we are watching the TV he will lie on the sofa between us but never asks for anything we may be eating. He gets doggy treats when we decide to give them to him.

He's only 5 months old but he's going to be a large dog and we can't spoil him now, because when he's full grown we could have a big problem.

But he does go on the sofa, and he has now found out he can get on the bed.

#7 Happy Paws2, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
  8. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Haha this sounds REALLY bad but when I do Roo's dinner it gets heated in the microwave and mashed up so it usually goes everywhere. If I end up making a big mess then sometimes I tell him to jump up and let him lick the worktop :lol:

Its my Mum's fault she's veggie and always thinks dog food is yuckier than people food and she started it :eek: The worktops are cleaned morning and night too by the way :eek: :eek: :eek:

As well he is banned from the pantry but I let him in to get a Fish4Dogs treat out the feed bin as I don't like touching them, they pong :eek:

9. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Cuddles on the nice leather sofa and not the fabric one! Ooops xx

10. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

During the day we let Bailey sleep on my mum's bed.
    He occasionally gets to sleep there at night too, but he knows he's not allowed to every night.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice