Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Things We Remember From School!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JANICE199, Jul 7, 2009.

1. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Loved them!:D and we had Roger Redhat!

2. same here Jan! and although I say it myself I was brilliant at sports! and pretty good at maths too! they were my prime interests!

I did every sport there was, Hockey (played for school) Netball, athletics, Gym Swimming! you name it I did it! even shot, discus and cross country . Was yellow house sports captain in seniors! Had to laff the other day when I read they were thinking of introducing more physical education into schools - they have major concerns that the chilren today would not be able to cope!! with us we couldn't get enough!! what went wrong!
    lol
    DT

#62 DoubleTrouble, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2009
  3. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

Im sorry, but i dont remember anything good about school either :mad:, I was constantly bullied, so i think my subconscious has, blocked everything out from under the age of 16! :eek: :smilewinkgrin:

Ive enjoyed reading this thread tho jan hehe :smilewinkgrin:

4. Must have been around for ever those books! we had them too! we used to recite them from memory!!:rolleyes:
    lol
    DT

5. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

oh i learnt my lesson about bullying, there was a copuple of kids that would always pick on me at the bustop,and i had no end of bruises on my legs where they kicked me.I went home on told my oldest sister (didn't have a mum at home) and her words to me were,"sort it out and don't come crying to me again or i'll give you what for". so i learnt to stick up for myself.:D:D

My best sport was the javalin i was school champ, and 2nd fastest runner in the school ( which came in very handy sometimes).;):D:D:D

6. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

oh i learnt my lesson about bullying, there was a copuple of kids that would always pick on me at the bustop,and i had no end of bruises on my legs where they kicked me.I went home on told my oldest sister (didn't have a mum at home) and her words to me were,"sort it out and don't come crying to me again or i'll give you what for". so i learnt to stick up for myself.:D: :D

Awwwwwww Jan, mine never got physical thankfully, just a lot of name calling :cursing: Here have a hug or two [​IMG][​IMG]

7. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

lol its ok hun, it didn't have any lasting affect on me, i learnt to do the same.;):D:D:D

8. tinamary

tinamary PetForums VIP

I remember it well. Ahhh the good old days.

I remember the little bottles of milk, i hated it because the teacher would bring it in and put it next to the open fire in the hall to "warm it through" Yuckkkkkkkk Makes me quesey to think about it.
    OUr toilets were right at the back of the playground and i remember that it was horrid if we needed to go in the winter.

I remember country dancing in front of all the boys and feeling an absolute freak.
    I also remember being in the school play and i was just about to go on stage when my mum turned up late. Because i was looking for her to arrive and she was late i forgot my lines and fluffed my part.

Secondry school was the worst and i avoided going at all costs. I could even make myself have a high temperature to get out of it. Perfectly well at 9 oclock.

9. animallover111

Do any members here remember the cane?and did you ever get the cane and what for? i am too young the cane was gone but i do honestly believe they should bring it back!!

10. Opheliac

Opheliac PetForums Member

My earliest memory from school was learning the alphabet (letterland!) the only one I really remember is:

[​IMG]

Oh and ippy ink lol.

Most of my other memories are of being bullied :(

11. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Yes i remember the cane and the slipper.I might add i never had either used on me,BUT i did lend the teacher my slipper to use a boy in my class.:thumbup::lol::lol:

12. Opheliac

Opheliac PetForums Member

We didn't have the cane, but my sisters teacher used to slam a ruler down on peoples desks, scared the hell out of me :(

13. jlushh

jlushh PetForums Member

Jumping over the wall and doing a runner..
    Potato Smiley Faces for dinner <3 <3
    Shiney blue bike shorts for P.E , sooo embarrising.

14. tinamary

tinamary PetForums VIP

I remember one lad getting the cane for swearing at the teacher and another for wagging it for three weeks.
    Us girls got the slipper or the wedge but i never got it.

15. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I never got the cane - would have had another good hiding at home if I had!! My brother did though :p

16. animallover111

I knew you were a good girl really.... :D
    The boy who got a whack with your slippers isnt the one from friend reunited is he....:eek: :D

17. raggs

raggs PetForums VIP

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO WERE BORN IN THE 1930's 1940's,50's, 60's and early 70's !

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us and lived in houses made of asbestos.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese, raw egg products, loads of bacon and processed meat, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes or cervical cancer.

Then after that trauma, our baby cots were covered with bright coloured lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets or shoes, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking.

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.

We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.

Take away food was limited to fish and chips, no pizza shops, McDonalds , KFC, Subway or Nandos.

Even though all the shops closed at 6.00pm and didn't open on the weekends, somehow we didn't starve to death!

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.

We could collect old drink bottles and cash them in at the corner store and buy Toffees, Gobstoppers, Bubble Gum and some bangers to blow up frogs with.

We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank soft drinks with sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because......

WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of old prams and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. We built tree houses and dens and played in river beds with matchbox cars.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo Wii , X-boxes, no video games at all, no 999 channels on SKY , no video/dvd films, no mobile phones, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms..........WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no Lawsuits from these accidents.

Only girls had pierced ears!

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

You could only buy Easter Eggs and Hot Cross Buns at Easter time...

We were given air guns and catapults for our 10th birthdays,

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them!

RUGBY and CRICKET had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!! Getting into the team was based on MERIT

Our teachers used to hit us with canes and gym shoes and bully's always ruled the playground at school.

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of.

They actually sided with the law!

Our parents didn't invent stupid names for their kids like 'Kiora' and 'Blade' and 'Ridge' and 'Vanilla'

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL !

im sure some of us can well remember a few on this list lol. ...............CHRIS.

18. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

haha no its a different lad.the boy that got the slipper was called barry and he had put a drawing pin on the teachers chair for her to sit on.:eek::lol::lol:

19. animallover111

PMSL.....:D :D :D :D

20. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Oh and who remembers the old drinking fountains? we used to have them in parks as well.:D:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice