Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Things happen for a reason! ;)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sleepyhollow, May 2, 2011.

1. sleepyhollow

sleepyhollow Banned

Do you think things happen for a reason? Some great plan that you have no control over?

Something not very nice happening, then opens the door to something or someone nice?

Serendipity IS wonderful. :D

If the something bad had not happened yesterday, the something/someone wonderful wouldn't have happened today.

Life is great, and full of surprises!

Anyone want to share?

2. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

I was lax in getting my cats spayed/neutered (bad)
    My cat got pregnant (bad)
    I have amazing little fluffdemons that will hopefully be in my life for atleast another 15 years (brilliant)

3. H0lly

H0lly PetForums VIP

I agree, i believe in fate and that everything happens for a reason, no matter how nasty it may be. I have been through some tough times but i am stronger for it :)

4. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

I think that most things in life are all about learning especially when bad things happen.

Whether it's about ourselves and how we may handle a situation or to learn about others etc...

Different times in our lives would have us react differently too.

How we react say in our teens may be different to in our 40's for example.

I think a lot of us believe in Fate too.

5. jon bda

jon bda Guest

The truth will out...

Thats one of my faves tbh...
    :)

6. sleepyhollow

sleepyhollow Banned

Oh, it does indeed! :D

7. NoSpecialFeaturesHere

NoSpecialFeaturesHere PetForums Senior

One time there was a stupid accident at work that, long story short, led to a stallion having to go in the mares' yard instead of out in the paddock for a short time. If he hadn't have been in there with his dangle dangling while he was peeing all over the place, we'd not have noticed the tiny cancerous lump on the end of it until it had gotten bigger. He was operated on to have it removed immediately. Saved his life.

Another time my co-worker broke her ankle and had to be off work, leading to her daughter having to come up to take care of my co-worker's horses and her own horse that my co-worker had been looking after for her for a long time. A few days later the poor horse died unexpectedly in his sleep one night. If my co-worker had not broken her ankle, her daughter wouldn't have got those few precious days with her horse and would likely have felt guilty forever that she'd not seen him.

They're just two reasons I have to agree with you. I do believe that, sometimes, bad things happen for a reason.

8. sleepyhollow

sleepyhollow Banned

I also agree, bad things happen for a reason! :cool:

9. Doolally

Doolally PetForums Senior

Definitely. I'm getting a new tattoo on thursday saying 'darkness shows me the stars'

Just recently, been through a hellish time being rushed through tests worrying about the C word, had a pretty big op to remove one side of my thyroid...it made me realise life's too short to not be truly happy and everything happens for a reason...I realised I wasn't happy at home but had just been carrying on as nothing was majorly wrong, it just wasn't right...so I broke up with my boyfriend...it broke my heart but I am truly happy now and grateful I am now taking more control of my life and i'm glad i've been shown this now at 25 rather than bumbling along for another however long and realising too late.
    And through the darkness I've found out who my true friends are.

10. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

I believe good can come out of something not so good, just sometimes it takes awhile. For me it was almost 19 years but then I knew why it happened...

MissShelley likes this.
  11. sleepyhollow

sleepyhollow Banned

I was ill recently, and also thought I was gonna die. I have also changed my life, and the motto "life is too short" rings in my ears every day.
    I am glad you are happy, and that everthing turned out for the better for you! :D

Indeed, sometimes it can take a while to realise or see any good. :)

12. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

I believe that as well, most the crap I had to deal with had a positive after it in some form.

13. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

I agree. I also believe in karma and what goes around comes around.

I've basically been estranged from my sister for quite a while now due to a complicated situation that I can't really explain here. Suffice it to say I told her off and she wants an apology. Unfortunately I refuse to give it. Normally I would just to keep the peace, but not this time as it would go against all my principles and I would have to give up something of myself, not pride, just my belief in basic fairness where my children are concerned. In her heart of hearts (I'm sure she has one) she knows I'm right, but she is a very stubborn woman and I've always been the one to give ground before whenever we've argued. She also holds all the cards when it comes to our mother, as she's the favourite child and our Mum will take her side no matter what. So she's getting her own back by having me (and my children and OH) excluded from family get togethers in ways I also can't explain. I said it was complicated! :) My children have been hurt, but my Mum loves my sister so much that she's blind to that.

At any rate 'it is what it is' and I can't change it. I accepted the favouratism a long time ago as it has nothing to do with me, it's just that my sister was the last child and came four and a half years after our Mum thought she wasn't having any more children. My sister has also been through some hard times and having a mother like ours has been a big help to her. And she's helped me as well when I've needed her. She's a very good Mum and I'm no longer jealous like I was as a child. But at my age now (45 later this year) I am no longer interested in playing games with anyone and I'm not going to gloss things over anymore either so that everyone can feel good about themselves. So I've just been drawing away. My father is upset, but there's nothing he can do about it either as my Mum calls the shots now and always follows my sister's lead. Our older brothers are oblivious.

At any rate - ha ha, after all that! - I do believe that I've taken a stand for a very good reason and going through diversity only makes me a stronger person. Things have been hard, but they will work out the way they should in time.

Hmmn, I actually feel good about writing all this down, other than my OH I haven't really articulated it to anyone else. I'm always so reluctant to speak badly about any of my family. And I still love them all very much.

14. littleBichon

littleBichon PetForums Member

I'm still waiting for my happiness but im still going through the badtime at the minute.

I do very much believe that it will come though. I am a huge believer in fate and I hope that when Ive got through this there is something wonderful on the other side.

15. metame

metame PetForums VIP

did you mean adversity?

16. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

She gone on her holidays.

17. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Last minute deal. Totally unprepared!

:eek:

18. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I don't really believe in fate. To me you make your own way in life the good the bad sometimes you get hit with the bad just out of luck but its not 'fate'.

To me fate = there must be a God but I bet none of you think that :D

19. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Nope! If there is a god (which i believe there is),that doesn't mean he has your life maped out for you.He gave us a brain so we can think for ourselves.:D

20. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Hehe I'd go with that too but fate is about something supernatural isn't it? So its gotta be some sort of god or spirit hasn't it :D

That's why I guess I don't go for fate, I don't believe in spirits etc...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice