Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Thieving baskets

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thedogsmother, Jun 7, 2010.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I went into P@H to get one of Henricks presents for his birthday next month and I wanted a Wainrights collar (a soft leather one) I found three collars, one small and one huge, so I took them to the counter and asked if they had a medium one and she looked on her little screen and said "yes we have 6 medium ones in stock" she went and looked on the shelf and said "Oh theyve been stolen again". She wasnt surprised at all, they are £20 a collar and someone has taken 6 and it was a normal occurance:eek:. No wonder P@H prices are so high if they have to cover for losses like that:mad:. Now Ive got to wait for a collar to come in as theyve ordered me another.:(

2. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Thats silly.. but it doesnt surprise me, the store in huds is poorly laid out and it would be easy to grab and just walk out :( x

3. jon bda

jon bda Guest

Our local one (Wrexham) is pretty well laid out, although i think its more down to luck and the shape of the building really, you have to walk past the checkouts etc to get out of the door. I agree though, thieving barstewards...

4. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

In our local P@H people steal the batteries from the laser pen packs (for cats) .... no idea whay as they're hardly REALLY expensive items .... also they have to rip the plastic packs open to get them :confused:
    It seems alot of effort for not very much

5. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

You'd think they would steal the whole lot wouldn't you!!

6. thedogsmother

Now Im glad they didnt have them, Ive seen the collar I wanted for half the price on ebay.

7. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

The one in huddersfield you have to walk past the checkouts but sometimes theres no one on them and the way the enterance is layed out n it seems easy to just pick something up an walk out x

8. thedogsmother

It does seem that all the staff dissapear and quite often you have to wait at the check out with your purchases for quite a while before someone comes to serve you, having thought about it, does anyone want anything from pets at home? I might as well go on a mass stealing spree:lol:.

9. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Ill come help! :D x

10. London Dogwalker

London Dogwalker PetForums Senior

I got a nice soft Wainwright lead on ebay too! :D

The P&H in London have security tags on their high value stuff and beepy gates at the store fornt, surprised others don't tbh. :eek:

11. thedogsmother

yaaay you can be lookout and I'll do the trolley dash, Henricks gonna have loads of birthday presents but I wont bother with any hamster cages they are all rubbish, keep me away from the livestock though wont you:lol:

12. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

:lol: oh my days i forgot about that! the bunnies could use some more tunnels and nibbly things :arf: x

13. thedogsmother

Might be better if we get a trolley each then, tbh we dont really need a lookout cos theres never anyone watching :lol:.

14. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Hmmm yeh thats a good idea :D Well get a trolley each hehe x

15. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

p@h are really bad with their staffing so it doesn`t surprise me one bit that so many things get stolen, every store i`ve been in over various locations has been the same, quite often i`ve walked around for gone 20mins trying to find a member of staff it`s shocking!

16. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

I have noticed in our P@H that the security is non existent. I have been in there a few times and ,if I was of that persuasion, could quite easily have walked out with half the shop for Dorrie.
    And I know what you mean about the staff. I have wanted ask about something before now and I haven't been able to find anyone!

17. thedogsmother

:lol: I have visions of everyone who reads this suddenly using the five finger discount at P@H and its profits suddenly plummeting, when they do research into why the company is failing it will all be traced back to this onle little thread on pet forums:lol:.

18. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

:lol::lol: Of course we would deny all knowledge of said thread;). Just casually ask a moderator to delete it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice