Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

thick bantam

Discussion in 'Poultry Chat' started by jenny22, Apr 6, 2011.

1. jenny22

jenny22 PetForums Member

well this bantie doesnt know if shes broody or not,shes siting on eggs in the general hen house, 6 of which I have marked so I take just the new laid ones, she is squabbling for her space with the others when they want to lay, then she gets up to grab a drink or something to eatand when she comes back soeones on her eggs so she just sits anywhere. I sort them out and she then sits tight. I have tried to put her in another house with themarked eggs and she wont sit there.she just runs up and down the little house and run sqwuaking so I puther back and this scwenario all starts again. I am running back and forth sorting her out all day.

I cant fence her off as the others cant get in or outof the door

jenn

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

when she is settled and sitting feed and water her while she is sitting just give her mixed corn and freash water she will be fine on that

3. jenny22

jenny22 PetForums Member

thanks for reply, she has ben sitting fairly solid since thursday apart from first thing in the morning when she gets of for food and water. when would it be safe to move her and the eggs , they seem to have sorted themselves out now with the others laying in another corner, but i am concerned for when they hjennatch if I leave her there, with 6 other hens ands a must admit gentle cockeral.

jenn

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

i would leave her where she is as a big move may put her off

if the others have left her alone now she should be fine
    there she will look after the chicks when they hatch or you can always take them out when they hatch and put them in the brooder for peice of mind

5. jenny22

jenny22 PetForums Member

actually moved her last night into a little hutch and shes sitting fine was a bit worried about the cockeral

jenn

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

glad she doing well hope you get strong healthy chicks:001_smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice