UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is Fanta and Pepsi back from the vet. :) Pepsi is a lot more alert than Fanta which is amazing since she is the one who was operated on !

They decided not to do Fanta, they sedated him but couldn't feel anything so didn't want to go in and start searching .

We have to take him back in a couple of months for a check up to give the missing testicle a chance to grow/move where they will have a chance of finding it easier :(

They have both had a little to eat, Pepsi seems ready to play but Fanta is very groggy and is staggering when he walks. I've not had a purr from him since he came home and he usually never stops :(

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
I know that vets often give a 24-hour painkiller after a spay/neuter op, which seems to make them really alert and hyper when they get home, racing around and eating loads!!! However, Fanta probably didn't have that but he did have sedation so maybe he is just still groggy and wobbly from that. See how he goes and he should be feeling better by tomorrow. You may find that Pepsi goes a bit quiet by this time tomorrow when the 24-hour painkiller wears off, and she starts feeling a bit sore, but this is usually quite normal and she would be likely to pick up again the next day :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that TM , I'm a bit out of my depth here and it's so easy to worry about them :001_unsure: I have been watching them like a hawk , Pepsi has no cone collar on either , they don't give them out unless needed

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Thanks for that TM , I'm a bit out of my depth here and it's so easy to worry about them :001_unsure: I have been watching them like a hawk , Pepsi has no cone collar on either , they don't give them out unless needed
I'm sure she feels happier without one, most cats usually do, I know Pixie didn't need one, and hopefully Elsa won't either! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.