Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

They won't use the run??!!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by acjb007, Jul 15, 2009.

1. acjb007

acjb007 PetForums Junior

I as my rabbits like lots of space I got them a three level hutch with a run at the bottom. All they do is sit on the top floor and sometimes go to the floor below which is where the litter tray is. It's such a waste as the next floor down is a run 3 feet square and a tunnel for them to run through. Any ideas to help encourage them to use it? There's not a bit for them to hide in. Do you think that would help to make them feel safer? Thanks!

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

show us a picture?
    are your buns babies?
    rabbits like to be up high although there not keen on being picked up mine loves the back of the sofa
    you could encourage them by leaving strong smelling treats down there
    rabbits are more active at dawn and dusk to they might venture out when ur not arround

3. Peppa

Peppa PetForums Junior

aw i have a 2 storey hutch for one of my rabbits and even though i leave the door open all day for him he spends most of the time in te upstairs bit! He'll come out for a run around but then goes straight back up top! :D

4. acjb007

acjb007 PetForums Junior

Here's a pic. I put a den in this afternoon so they can hide and one of them loves it running around in the run now! Guess I answered my own question, thanks!

Attached Files:

5. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

beautiful bunnies! glad they like it now :)

6. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

Lovely run, they look like very happy buns!! the other one might join later when it see's how much fun the other bun is having going throught the tunnel!!:D

7. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

Try supplying a nest box in the run so they feel secure when they go down into it.
    I have also known some rabbits take a while to get used to ramps believe it or not so give them time to settle into it and explore.

8. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

My buns also have a hutch like that and they spend most of there time down in the run.
    But my other buns are the opposite they prefer the top.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice