Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

There was a thread the other day!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by flufffluff39, Jun 7, 2010.

1. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

About getting the wrong idea about someone just because of their dogs!!! I was walking down the incline with my son and he had Onnen on the lead and I was carrying Baby. My son said god hes got a lot of dogs about a man approaching us so I said walk on the otherside of the path and let him pass. He only had three dogs lol but they were big buggers. Powerful looking. The pup snapped at Onnen but the two adults were very well behaved. I asked him what they were out of interest and he said,' Thai Ridgebacks'. I was still none the wiser but they were beautiful anyway :) Then the bloke spotted Baby he asked what she was and he said aww shes lovely and he proceeded to tell me he had a teacup yorkie in the house which he walks on its own. Cos its so small his other dogs would step on it if he took it out with them :lol: I thought well well here he is with these 3 powerful dogs and he has a teacup yorkie :D Its amazing how we judge people by their dogs is'nt it :)

2. westielover65

westielover65 PetForums Junior

near us was family, husband tattooed, studs all over the place and he used to walk by with a staffy cross with a great big leather studded collar one day the dog ran at me while I was walking past and I thought oh no here goes but the man shouted don't worry he is OK just likes to say hello and that's all he did went all silly and when ever I was out with my westies and saw them he would always stop and chat his dog would wait by his side completely ignoring my dogs that were jumping around all over the place!! :thumbup:
    all dogs I concluded are good its just the way they are raised and treated.

3. dee o gee

dee o gee PetForums VIP

Seen this car the other day all done up, typical looking boy racers in it, it stopped and out jumped this TINY yorkie, waited for maybe this guys girlfriend to get out of the car but no, just a car full of lads. He was fussing over it so unless he took his girlfriends dog for a spin it was his dog. Stereotyping gone wrong! :D Have also seen many men with small toy dogs! :D

4. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

Well my husband is a big black mean looking beef cake lol.....;)

So he does get some looks, when he walks our 3 yorkies.

I am an old hippy lol, so i guess the paris hilton dogs dont really go with my image either lol. Not sure, what sterotype will suit me....maybe a mutt lol

I saw a little old lady walking a staff, and a yorkie lol....nice combination.

5. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

Haha me and OH were walking my dogs and we saw this guy with steel cap boots on camo trousers and tank top bulging biceps and tattoos and he has a little maltese and bichon frise ! :D :lol:

6. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

i have seen once the biggest guy and well build with nice muscles :D holding on to a tiny chihuaha puppy.... i wished i had taken a picture because it looked amazing.

7. dee o gee

dee o gee PetForums VIP

Well I decided to bring my fella for a walk a little later than normal as he tends to bark a lot at other dogs, and I thought there wouldn't be any other dogs around at half ten.
    Well I was wrong, we met a pretty dodgy looking fella walking a pit, well my little terrier kicked up a fuss and sounded like he'd rip the other dogs throat out if he got loose, and this guy just laughed as his dog calmly walked by on a loose lead not even passing a bit of heed to my little 'devil dog', why these dogs have to be muzzled by law (im in ireland) still boggles me as any I have met have been very calm and well behaved. :thumbup:

8. westielover65

westielover65 PetForums Junior

so I guess these are people that do not think they have to prove anything unlike some people who have to get a big snarling dog to prove how tough they are (by the way I have had German shepherds and rottweilers so I am not having a go at anyone that has big dogs) :thumbup:

9. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

The other day I was at our local Sainsburys just about to get back into the car when a big rough looking half cast lad walked past. You could see he had a lead in his hand.I expected to see a staffie of someting on the other end when a little tiny pomeranian trotted in front of the car.

10. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

Ha!

Last year my Auntie was very ill and her husband (or fiance at the time) suggested she get a dog whilst she was at home, help her get better.

So when she rings me up, and says she's got a dog called Bruno, I'm expecting some kind of alsation, rotty, something big anyway (as she was in the army, now the N Ireland Police Force, her husband is in the army too)...so you can imagine how I wet myself laughing when she turned up with this long haired chihuaha!

I still pi** myself whenever I imagine her fella taking him for a walk. He's a massive, burly soldier, covered in tatoos...and he walks this little, tiny dog.

Brilliant! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice