Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

There for all dog owners

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Jack Wade, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Jack Wade

Jack Wade PetForums Junior

Hi all, I run a business called ‘Primal Rehabilitation’ in which I help dogs.
    The work I do has constant great results, so I’d like to offer any advice concerning your dog’s behaviour to you all, visit the link to learn how to walk your dog with no issues at all, by reading this simple guide your dog will be walking nicely by your side. Does anybody have a question regarding their dog’s behaviour?

#1 Jack Wade, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  2. StormyThai

StormyThai Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum :)
    Would you be able to tell me what training methods you use please?
    What dog behaviour experience and qualifications do you have?
    How long have you been training for?

Torin. and O2.0 like this.
  3. Jack Wade

Thank you
    It depends on the dog and type of person the owner is - but mostly positive reinforcement, natural rewarding methods, indirect correction, but what makes me truly differ from others in my area is my ability to make dog owners into better dog owners, helping them see what does what, as well as my follow up program plans that allows dog owners to have a guide to follow after my work is done so no issues come back.
    Just over 8 years, I started out working with wolves, then was given a fearfully aggressive dog that many experts told me to euthanise.. she’s a lovely dog and mother now relaxing on my sofa as I’ve self studied for over 15 years in the field... well many fields, I feel I’m more qualified in the sense that I know people, I know predators, I know dogs, and I know the bond that we share with them.

Thank you

4. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

Honestly think you’re preaching to the converted here.

Many, many people on this forum have extensive (30+ years) experience with dogs, their people, training, and behavioural issues.

This would always be my first port of call.

Jamesgoeswalkies likes this.
  5. Jack Wade

Wow really that’s great - I would love to connect with some people to get feedback on my book - it’s a book on how to walk your dog issue free, would you like a free copy?

6. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Did I read correctly that you bred a fearfully aggressive rescue dog?

7. Jack Wade

Oh gosh no, when I took her on properly it quite quite a shock to find out she was pregnant!

I don’t breed dogs, there are enough dogs in shelters that need homes, I’d never buy a dog for that reason too.

8. Jack Wade

The pup has grown up now, although he never acted as his mother once did... I’ll always be vigilant with him and how he interacts with other dogs and people

9. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

I checked out your book on amazon.
    As you reference Cesar Millan as your role model, I doubt you will find many like-minded folks here....

Torin., Kimmikins and Linda Weasel like this.
  10. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

So no actual qualifications at all? What you feel you're qualified to do doesn't really cut the mustard if it hasn't been subject to assessment.

11. Jack Wade

I wouldn’t reference cesar millan as a role model, but mentioned him as to what peaked my interest in dogs, same as you’d reference a bully who pushed you to the point of change which leads to a great place.

12. Jack Wade

So you’re telling me years of studying in the field as well as many courses (that I found to be ineffective), all of the dogs owners and their families that I have changed for the better, the amazing connection and reward I receive from my clients and their dogs.... is all void because I lack a formal education in dogs?

13. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

From your book:

Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 12.36.38 PM.png

Kimmikins likes this.
  14. Jack Wade

It’s funny, I came here to offer my help and advice, to receive advice, to share experiences with others in this field, to learn, and to teach... I think I’d just rather get advice from dogs, a much kinder species. I am curious though... what qualification must I get to join you on your high horses?

15. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Well, I feel I'd make a great surgeon.
    Lacking a formal education means you're not likely to be so well informed about the science behind dog learning and how that translates into modern training methods.
    Why did you find the courses to be ineffective? Usually people reject learning because it conflicts with their preconceptions. And the quote from your book above says more than enough. Milan also has no qualifications and his failure to read dogs' body language is both lamentable and laughable on the many occasions when he gets bitten. He's singlehandedly put effective dog training back 40 years. The follow-ups done on the dogs he's 'helped' show a high proportion of euthanasia and re-homing.

#15 Burrowzig, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Kimmikins, LinznMilly and O2.0 like this.
  16. Jack Wade

During my study period, seeing what he did on TV blew me away at the time, but after meeting him I took a different direction

17. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Jack, why don't you just join the forum in good faith, get to know some members, their dogs, participate in threads, and kind of hang out. Get a feel for the room if you will :)
    Coming in to a room full of mostly experienced dog owners saying "I'm going to tell you what you need to know" is a bit brusque.

Do you have any dogs? What are their names? Have any photos of them?

18. Jack Wade

A surgeon? Understandable, but altering the way a human communicates with a dog, and understanding dogs well enough to make a change in their behaviour without needed to do anything at all, yielding only positive results... that’s different.. the qualifications came from someone who didn’t have any, anyway where did I fail so hard for you to come at me? I have only done my best, caused no harm, have a happy and healthy history working with and for dogs. I’ve wasted enough energy on this now, if you have nothing useful to add or no expertise to share other than the need to shun people without qualifications I’ll happily move on

19. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

FWIW, @Burrowzig has what, 10 years worth of valuable advice and expertise shared on this forum :)

20. Jack Wade

Was unaware that I came across like that... the goal was to simply offer help and advice if anybody needed it, my son who is 9 gave me some great advice before.. just because people have years of experience and so many qualifications stuck up them.. it doesn’t mean experienced dog owners can’t learn something new or different, I guess that’s just people though! I mistakingly thought dog people were different

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice