UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about a month ago Kia had her blow , I spent hours hand blowing her coat . I find that I really enjoy it and therapeutic in the same time :)lol::lol:) , now is Brewsters time . Both dogs had to put it with me , BUT NOW my husband pushes me away and dose not let me enjoy my self , I am quite cross with him from that respect. I want my hobby back and he can find something else to do ...

:D

do u like spending time to hand blow the coat of your dogs? Or is just me and the OH being strange people ?:D

·
Registered
672 Posts
Lol looks like you are alon on that one hun!!:lol:
Izzy only has short hair so dont need to blow dry it, just a towel rub.
Bet the dogs love it it though:thumbup:

·
Registered
13,034 Posts
May be I have read this wrong but I assumed you meant hand stripping the coat?? I'm afraid I cheat and use a Coat King. It's all over and done in the blink of an eye :D. I would probably enjoy doing it by hand but have rubbish tendons and would probably end up with repetitive strain injury or similar :lol:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I used to work in a grooming parlour and I used to be more relaxed than the dogs :) Even go into a hypnotic daze sometimes lol.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I used to work in a grooming parlour and I used to be more relaxed than the dogs :) Even go into a hypnotic daze sometimes lol.
thats the feeling I get while hand striping ...

Mum2Heidi
Re: therapeutic ... but weird ;-)
May be I have read this wrong but I assumed you meant hand stripping the coat?? I'm afraid I cheat and use a Coat King. It's all over and done in the blink of an eye . I would probably enjoy doing it by hand but have rubbish tendons and would probably end up with repetitive strain injury or similar
hand striping yeah thats the word combination ...
it is really relaxing , believe me it comes in chunks and am tempted to keep all that wool and do something with it . I know sounds terrible but I love to knit and think how warm a hat can be , akita hat in the long wet cold english winters hehehe ... ( nearly said summers , but I love them , more then damn romanian summers with all that 40 + C day sand weeks at the time)

madferrit*
Re: therapeutic ... but weird ;-)
Lol looks like you are alon on that one hun!!
Izzy only has short hair so dont need to blow dry it, just a towel rub.
Bet the dogs love it it though
after flufffluff39 posts nope , lol

kia , tolerates me (she knows she has not choice , as long as she keeps her mum busy and happy lol) brewster loves the most of it , bless his heart I really dont think he had so much attention in his life ( he is a rescue boy , not an easy life before he come to us )

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I have seen dog fur being used in knitting on the tv. She groomed the undercoat then spun it and made little things like hats n gloves :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have seen dog fur being used in knitting on the tv. She groomed the undercoat then spun it and made little things like hats n gloves :)
yeah hats and gloves not scarfs , I swallow enough of my own hair (let alone dogs and cats hair) dont need a scarf with doggy hair , but I was thinking on socks to:D

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
yeah hats and gloves not scarfs , I swallow enough of my own hair (let alone dogs and cats hair) dont need a scarf with doggy hair , but I was thinking on socks to:D
See that would be as therapeutic as grooming the fur out of the dogs!!! Sitting spinning and then knitting. That sounds really calming :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.