Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Thead on feeding your dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by staflove, Aug 17, 2009.

1. staflove

staflove PetForums VIP

Im really interested in what everyone feeds there dogs, commercial dog food such as bakers pedigree ect are full of rubbish and very high in protien some poeple dont relise what effect it as on there dogs energy levels.

James wellbeloved and burns are the only 2 foods which are edible for human consumption as they are only made up from chicken and rice lamb and rice or maize, this is not a thread to get nasty if you do feed your dogs other foods just to help and warn people what dog food as in it, since changing tess diet i have see a big diffrence in her behaviour you could be feeding the wrong food to your dog and a dogs diet can have a lot to do with there behaviour :)

2. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Mika is now eating Butchers Puppy with a bit of Pedigree small mixer in it

I actually don't care what effect it will have on him now because he's eating and i'm happy he's eating. I'd rather he eat then put him on something he'll turn his nose at and lose weight in the process of it. his energy levels are the same as always - a hyper nut case who's always on the go lol.

3. bucksmum

bucksmum PetForums Senior

I feed Arden Grange,i'd love to feed raw but having tried it was to time consuming having ten dogs.
    I have also tried Burns but did find that having working dgs they couldn't keep weight on with it.

4. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I feed my dog Wainwrights.
    The wet food. Now I belive this is a Pets at Home own brand?
    Well anyway, knowing that, I decided to search this forum to find out people's opinions on it and I couldn't really find anything.
    However, looking at the ingredients myself, I'd say it looks quite good. Not much different from Nature Diet, but has 5% more meat in it. Bailey loves it and he's fit and healthy.
    He does occasionally get a few handfuls of Royal Canin too, he's been fed this since he was 10 weeks old and was recommended by our vets.

Edit: Also to add, it's slightly cheaper than Nature Diet and we are having to cut costs a little bit at the moment because of income changes.

#4 EmzieAngel, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  5. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

we are feeding arden grange for the moment But am changing to "that'll do" by csj

the main ingrediants are chicken, wheat, rice and chicken fat Not sure how the boys will do but for the price of it £10.95 for 15kg its very good food i think all the reviews have been brilliant

I personally wouldnt feed JWB as it gave zeb loose poo's and his bootom burps could clear a whole house let alone a room and i found zeb was constantly hungry and was eating crap off the floor something he has never done while on arden grange

I'd love to feed arden grange but sadly losing nearly £400 in wages a month is making us re think everything and sadly cutting costs on everything

6. kelseye

kelseye Banned

our staffies eat dry bakers complete pluss we give them stake when we have it.....

7. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

Otto is on Burns mini bites at the moment and I intend to stick to burns as he gets older although I will be keeping an eye on his weight as I know he might get too thin on it as he gets more active.

8. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

skye is on arden grange. super food and she loves it.

9. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

My two are currently fed AG,
    I did feed Burns when they were pups and then swapped to JWB,then over to AG.
    I did try an own branded food,however Meg had a food allergy and needed a hypoallergenic food.

Both are doing well on AG :)

10. staflove

staflove PetForums VIP

CJS are good i use many of there products and herbs :)

11. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

we've tried giving Mka burns but i don't think he appreciates it as much as the pedigree small mixer.

12. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

the herbs and the flea stuff they have look brilliant!x

13. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Buster, Max and Sophie are on a raw diet and Silas is on Arden Grange because he couldn't take raw.

14. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Both mine are fed raw

15. staflove

staflove PetForums VIP

Mine wont eat raw but AG is also a good food but there are so many on sale with s***t in it its like giveing a child a can of coke and a bar of chocolate :D

16. Tollisty

Tollisty PetForums VIP

Skinners field and trial duck & rice. Good quality food with no wheat and additives, for a good price. As it's a 'working dog' food, no VAT to pay.

17. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Same as here! :) All ours are feed raw..The new boy is also having ND in the mornings..:D

18. IHG

IHG PetForums Newbie

PAH own large breed. Similar in standard to JWB/AG and the like but cheaper. We noticed a VERY big difference when we got her off the Bakers rubbish she was being fed, she is now much calmer and a far better dog to live with.

19. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

Mine are on Orijen, no cereal in it at all, I get annoyed at all these foods having up to 50% ( sometimes more ) cereal in them.

Terri

20. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

All my dogs are on Nature Diet and the pups are on burns dry and the big dogs are on arden Grange dry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice