Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The wonders of Cartrophen

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by rona, Mar 31, 2011.

1. rona

rona Guest

About 3 months ago I was having a chat with a lady about her old Lab suffering from arthritis, I suggested she tried Cartrophen.
    She had the first course which seemed to help initially but wore off quite quickly, the dog was at a stage of not lifting his legs and struggling behind his owner, even though she was walking slowly.
    Her vet had said that they would give the other injections at 3 monthly intervals, but when I saw her I informed her that she could have them monthly if she felt it was needed.
    Well. she went straight back and got another injection, today I met them and the dog is up on his toes, bouncing along in front of his owner :thumbup:
    The vets and drug company seem to be telling people that you will see improvement after 2-3 weeks, in my case it was 6 weeks and in her case it was really 2 months and after the top up injection.
    If your dog suffers from arthritis, this is well worth a try, but please give it 3 months trial before you assume it hasn't worked

2. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Thanks for that Rona as I am thinking about having Quiver injected. She's OKish at the moment but becoming stiff in her hips and hind legs. She's over 12.1/2 years old now.

3. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

Zak is on a four week course, as a prevettive, I guess, as he doesn't appear to be in pain yet. Hopefullywith this and supplements, he won't need an op.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice