Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

The wanderer returns!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by carly87, Mar 12, 2019.

1. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

Soooo, I'm back! Perhaps not as back as I used to be, but back enough to pop in and have a catch up every now and again.

For those who already know me, hi! For those who don't, I'm a Persian and Himalayan breeder, but a really bad one. Why? Cuz I'm too soft. My mum calls me the worst breeder in the world because I'm so soft, but I love it. I currently live with white Persian Zippy, and red/flame point (depends which side of the pond you're on) Himalayan Tango. Tango is a prime example of my being too soft. A now almost 7-year-old neutered boy, he was imported from Italy to be my stud. I got the grand total of 0 kittens out of him, fell in love, and couldn't even think about rehoming him. So he stayed, and has acted as nursemaid to more than a few kittens in his time. He's a lovely boy, very gentle and sweet, a real lap fungus who loves a snuggle, and a massive sized lump.

Zippy is an almost 4-year-old (I think) Persian princess, and boy does she know it. I'm convinced she masks tortie due to her attitude disability, but she's a sweet girl and I love her dearly. She loves my fiancae insanely, tolerates Tango, and uses me for love when OH isn't around. She churps, chats, screams, howls, fights, loves, plays and sleeps hard, and is the absolute spit of her mum in terms of personality. She can be a challenge, but I wouldn't have her any other way.

Dom is an almost 32-year-old small boy that I also call mine. He asked me to marry him January last year, and I foolishly said yes. He's a lovely, quirky, nutty professor style character who's a designer and engineer, so we live in a house of constant new inventions and madcap ideas. I love it! Zippy is his one true love, and I play a close second which is fine by me. After all, you'd have to be hard hearted to get in the way of a good romance!

For those who do know me, my surgery is still something I'm recovering from. Fusion wasn't 100% successful as you know, and the risk of new surgery still hangs over me. I managed to find a new job, so am now an office based physio which makes me very, very sad, but I just can't be hands on with patients until my back can cope with it. We managed to buy a new house which OH has ruthlessly rennovated, removing pretty much all but the 4 walls that hold up the roof, to enable me to move around in a wheelchair in one big space if I need more surgery. We now have plaster on the walls and electric sockets, yay! He's putting in a kitchen next week, and then we'll be moving shortly afterwards. I'm currently trying to reduce my medication which is not a fun time, but just one of the many challenges this surgery has chucked at me. I can now walk a few miles, but still only have so many spoons, and pay dearly if I have a busy day. However, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now, and am determined to conquer every single challenge!

It's lovely to have been reading about all the cats this morning, and all of you. Really glad to see that lots of you are still around! Hopefully my returning doesn't fill you with too much horror! ;)

Anyway, that's all from me for now. Hi to you all!

AmsMam, Ringypie, FAW56 and 10 others like this.
  2. Gallifreyangirl

Gallifreyangirl PetForums VIP

Welcome back @carly87 great to see you back you have been sorely missed. I am pleased to see you are starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel and have found a place you can move around a lot easier. Pleased to hear your cats are doing well and for recapping for new people and reassuring us existing cat chatters you are still about.

Clairabella likes this.
  3. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

Great to hear from you Carly, Welcome back and glad to hear you are on the road to recovery x

Gallifreyangirl likes this.
  4. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Welcome back Carly! Glad to hear things are looking up for you, and are sounding more positive than the last time you were on the forum.

I am pleased to hear the cats and Dom are all well. :)

Look after yourself, and pop in and update us whenever you feel up to it. :) It will always be good to hear from you. x

Clairabella and Gallifreyangirl like this.
  5. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Hello my lovely. So glad you've found the strength to join us again. Hope things continue to improve health-wise and that we'll be celebrating your wedding before too long.
    You are having Tango as ring bearer and Zippy as bridesmaid aren't you?

6. ChaosCat

ChaosCat PetForums VIP

7. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

Hah, if I could have convinced Zippy she wanted to be bridesmaid it would have been a miracle! She'd likely upstage me! Tango would try and eat the ring or would fall asleep in the middle and forget he's supposed to bring it to me! Not the brightest bunch my two.

Thanks everybody for the welcome back. It's lovely to be around again, even if it's not as often as before.

8. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Glad things are improving, even if not all the way yet:cool:

9. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Nice to hear from you again @carly87, glad that things are going better for you now.:)

10. Orla

Orla PetForums Senior

Welcome back Carly. Lovely to hear that things are now getting better for you. You’ve been missed :)

11. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Good to see you back @carly87,we have lost too many of our long serving members :)

12. Citruspips

Citruspips PetForums VIP

Lovely update Carly and congratulations on your engagement.

13. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Lovely to hear from you Carly; glad things are getting better

14. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

Oh this is nice :) I've seen you mentioned lots of times @carly87 so I'm glad to "meet" you and many congratulations on your engagement. Hope to see lots of you now too, so hello from me and Oscar, the four legged furry love of my life. We have been hanging out here for about a year now and rather like it.

15. Kittynanna

Kittynanna PetForums Member

Welcome back, lovely update, congratulations on your engagement and on the new house.

Good luck with your move....

16. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

Great to see you, you were missed here and the fluffy bundles .

If your meds are falling short come here and we will vibe you up!

Congratulations on your new home!!!

17. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

Oh, you're all lovely! Thank you so much for such a lovely welcome! I've missed you all, and the forums, and the chatter and general friendship. I'm so glad to be back.

18. Jonescat

Jonescat Don't do nothing. Do something.

Welcome back Carly. Glad to see you around again and sounding so much more cheerful :)

19. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

I've certainly missed you. You put forward arguments so clearly and reasonably. I cheered when I read your reply in the silver thread:)

Clairabella and carly87 like this.
  20. Tawny75

Tawny75 PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice