UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still waiting for the vets to ring me and tell me what Romeo's blood results are :(

I have bad anxiety anyway but I feel like I can't breathe :crying:

I even realized this morning that I ran to the vets without putting a bra on and my top inside out!!

I'm not sure if everybody reads the "Cats Health And Nutrition" sub-forum but this is my post about Romeo & the Seresto Flea Collar!!!

http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-heal...rning-seresto-flea-collar.html#post1062370301

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I've read your other post and, having had a lily scare in the past, know just what you're going through. Everyone is waiting with you and hoping for the best. Let us know when you hear.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you :(

I've just called the vets.. I was put on hold then told the number on the system they had for me was wrong.. even though this morning THEY RANG ME BACK on the number on the system :mad:

I have to wait "a little while" and the vet will ring me back :crying: Shaking now :(

·
Registered
29,781 Posts
Deep slow breaths AM!:) Hang fire for the moment, chances are the blood test will be completely normal as the vet was unable to find anything worrying with Romeo when he examined him.

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Hope little Romeo is back to normal soon.

His reaction may have been more severe than Buttons due to his age and smaller size?

The vet always discusses the results with you himself, mine did when Jumpy had blood taken. It doesn't mean they found anything wrong xx

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The vets have just called me back with the blood results..

There is nothing wrong with him... Liver/Kidneys/ Electrolytes ... everything is fine :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

He's been prescribed 3 days of metacam to be given with his food once a day... On friday I have to call back and speak to the vets and tell them how he's doing...

The vet really doesn't know what wrong.. she took an extra vial of blood incase.. and if by friday he's not better we have to send the vial of blood to be tested for toxoplasmosis :crying: :crying: :crying: but she stressed that Romeo is not showing the typical symptoms of it :crying:

I don't know what to do :crying:

·
Registered
29,781 Posts
Not sure why the vet should think toxoplasmosis may be to blame as Romeo is not showing the typical symptoms, plus he was not showing any signs of being unwell (?) before he had the collar put on.:confused: So I am mystified, and it sounds as though she might be shooting in the dark. Perhaps she is very reluctant to blame the collars?

If the flumethrin is the cause of Romeo's symptoms then it should be rapidly reversible (at least it was with the lab rats who were tested). If so you should see a big improvement in Romeo by tomorrow.

4.15 Flumethrin (195) (T,R)*

I don't think there is a lot more you can do atm, other than give him lots of tlc, and ensure he eats or at least drinks. :)

·
Mentored by Meeko
26,455 Posts
I find this whole sitution very strange,as chillminx has said why suddenly suspect toxoplasmosis ?.
It sounds like a vet who hasnt a clue and to me, that is a worry.
Not sure what I would do in this situation but I would be having a few doubts about her ability
Hope Romeo recovers well.

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
i hope you are dressed properly now ;)
thinking of you and romeo, poor thing. its good the blood tests are negative but i still think its the collar you used as he was fine beforehand.
i cant give any advise im afraid but just wanted to wish you both well and hope for a full recovery.
oh yes and to add i dont think your vet knows what they are doing.:confused:

·
Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks
14,968 Posts
Sorry I don't have any advice, but just wanted to say I really hope Romeo recovers well and he's on the mend really soon.

Sending lots of positive and healing vibes xx

·
Registered
608 Posts
Oh you poor thing what a complete nightmare for you. Please try not to fret too much, the blood test results were good which is brilliant as it means he is not likely to deteriorate.

I'm glad he is eating and drinking, that ought to make you reassured too. Look at the positives and lets hope the good drugs have an effect and he starts to improve.

Thinking of you, please stay positive, so far it has been good news at least.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes catcoonz I am dressed properly now :blush2: lol!

Thank you for all your support.. I've paid up and have some metcam for the next two days.. he's still eating well and is hydrated.. he managed to do a pee in the litter tray without lying down this afternoon so fingers crossed!

For anybody who's interested I've posted the vet/invoice/ description on the other thread and will keep it updated everyday until he's better / we have a diagnosis / solution

http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-heal...ing-seresto-flea-collar-4.html#post1062372104

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The blood tests came back normal so you can now relax.

Obviously the vet is very reluctant to blame the reaction on the flee collar as they recommended it! They would have to admit that it was wrong and then you might kick off :D

I bet Romeo will be fine again in a few days.

big hugs
I'm a little bit more relaxed I just can't stop myself breaking my heart every time he walks. Bless him.

I think they know after seeing me and speaking to me today I won't kick off.. I was a jibbering wreck and you must of been able to tell by my face I was intensely listening to every word she said lol.

If it is the flea collar.. I'll just make absloutely sure that everyone knows the affect it had on Romeo if that is the reason for it (which I whole heartedly believe it is). That's half the reason I posted it on here :)

I'm tempted to ring my doctors and ask for some vallium lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.