Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The Updated Wet Dog Food Index

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by SixStar, May 5, 2013.

1. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Half the time they’d don’t even read your emails properly anyway as half the time the answer from them doesn’t even make sense :rolleyes:

The venison tins arrived today. Dated Feb 19 so will get another order in before they sell out !

icklemunch likes this.
  2. Sasha pooch

Sasha pooch PetForums Newbie

Please can you let me know the traffic rating for Hills science plan puppy kibble chicken flavour?
    Much appreciated. Thank you.

3. Quinzell

Quinzell PetForums VIP

We've recently started feeding Fish4Dogs wet (Herring Wet Complete) and the guideline suggests just 3 x 185g tins for a 40kg dog a day. Can this possibly be right? I know its a good quality food but others of similar quality suggest quite a bit more than that.

4. BlueJay

BlueJay Made of bones

Depends on activity, metabolism etc etc.
    Most feeding guides tend to be quite high IMO.
    My 40kg+ borzoi has one 400g tin/tray and maybe a handful of dry and some treats per day, so the F4D guide would probably suit him fine.

Give it a try. If he needs more, feed more :)

Torin. likes this.
  5. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

We picked up a full of love & pride Lily's can today. Love the colours & the cause it's supporting of course :)

6. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Beef (60%); Potatoes (3%); Carrots (3%) Organic Apples, Organic Broccoli, Organic Green Beans, Vitamins & Minerals, Flaxseed (Source of Omega 3 & 6)

Makes a change for their limited edition stuff not to be chicken! Going to Waitrose later so will see if I can get some :) .... although it’s identical to the standard beef tins they do, same ingredients list.

7. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

I thought it might be the same as their other beef recipe, but the colourful tin sold me ;) I'm that shallow lol.

8. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Ha-ha me too :Hilarious

Well been to Tesco’s and Waitrose today, both sell Lily’s but neither had these ones :rolleyes:

9. ladyisla

ladyisla PetForums Senior

I noticed Barking Heads seem to be in the process of changing their packaging from tins to pouches! I went on my monthly treat trip to Waitrose the other day and they had the salmon and chicken. Bought two salmon for Heidi to try as she can't eat chicken.

https://www.barkingheads.co.uk/dog-food/pooched-salmon-pouches

she's not sampled it yet so I don't know what the texture is like.

BlueJay likes this.
  10. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

I seen these today too but didn’t get any as mine aren’t a huge fan of Barking Heads, they’ve always been to sloppy so be interested to see what the textures like.

11. ladyisla

These do feel like they might be a bit sloppy, although the lamb one in the tin isn't really. Also tins are so easy to recycle, I feel like these pouches almost certainly aren't.

Torin. likes this.
  12. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

I think it might have been the trays (if they were out before the tins) that were super sloppy so then I never brought them again.

The only pouch food we have regularly is the Natures Menu beef & tripe ones. I put them in the recycling and no ones ever told me not too.

13. ladyisla

Ohh, interesting! I have emailed them to ask.

14. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

So finally got round to taking photos of the Sainsbury’s new(ish) trays.

Composition: Lamb 50%, Lamb Bone 10%, Vegetables 33% (includes Potatoes, Carrots, Peas), Minerals, Sunflower Oil, Salmon Oil, Dried Tomato, Dried Kelp, Dried Basil, Chicory.

Certainly not bad for £1 each (or 6 trays for £5 in a multi box) chicken, lamb and turkey. They also do a salmon one which is senior but we’ve brought those aswell.

Fish trays are usually softer than meat anyway but Forthglade & Wainwrights lamb trays are quite firm, whereas these ones are softer so easier to mash up.

5FEE981B-536D-4017-AE94-0FEC21FE1ECD.jpeg

B37269BF-3817-4A3A-9868-93C309DA46B6.jpeg

049A23EE-8B43-4DFB-B264-9B9F36406ABD.jpeg

icklemunch, BlueJay and Tillystar like this.
  15. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

For anyone who feeds Forthglade ..... trays on offer at Morrison’s 5 for £5.

The Sea Bass trays are a huge hit here so have ordered 50 with the mid week shop - they probably won’t have 50 in stock but worth a try lol. Not sure why many places aren’t stocking the Sea Bass. PAH does but local store only ever have a couple in and think they are £1.49 each !

Edited to add: just tried to check out shopping and won’t let me order 50. Says 20 is max amount on offer. Kept pressing add and allows me to check out 24 (4 not on offer) but no more than than :Banghead

#1275 Westie Mum, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    Tillystar likes this.
  16. Tillystar

Tillystar PetForums VIP

I'm sure I saw a fb post that they aren't producing anymore sea bass so once gone that's it :(

17. Tillystar

Tillystar PetForums VIP

18. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Well that’s pants ! They only released it in April and no where’s even stocked it properly :( I’ll see how many Morrison’s bring and then try and find some stock somewhere !

Thanks for the links, will look at competition - not that we ever win anything lol

Tillystar likes this.
  19. icklemunch

icklemunch PetForums Senior

Go for it. We won late last year. Was a £50 food bundle and £100 ruffwear goodies .

Booo for them stopping it.

Billy &Margot seem to have stopped too, website is showing all new recipes! Gutted the Beef and Tripe is his ultimate favourite.

20. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Billy and Margot have changed the design on their tins, last year I think but showing same ingredients on their website ?

Very odd though, when you press buy, it now takes you to pets at home, so they must have stopped selling direct !

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/p...og-food-beef-and-tripe-12x395g?i=9&orderBy=1#

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice