The Updated Wet Dog Food Index

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by SixStar, May 5, 2013.

1. Puppygirl

Puppygirl PetForums Newbie

The feeding guide indicates these can be fed on their own to adult dogs - they're not a complementary food like Applaws or Encore and have added vitamins and nutrients as you would expect. My puppy has wet and dry food, I use the wet food as a 'topper' - by which I mean just a small amount on top of her dry food. You would use them as you would use any wet food.

Ingredients: Duck 50%, Blueberries 4%, Courgette 4%, Pumpkin 4%, Vitamins and Minerals, Sunflower Oil, Salmon Oil, Flax seed Oil, Dried Kelp, Dried Rosemary, Dried Chicory Root, Mannanoligosaccharides (Prebiotic MOS), Dried Nettle, Green Tea, Dried Rosehip, Glucosamine, Chondroitin Sulphate, Marigold.

2. ladyisla

ladyisla PetForums Member

6F3F5F0A-AC58-4312-8770-3EA9F1A8692B.jpeg

Spotted these today! They were also £1 although their labelling was a bit off! There was salmon, chicken and one other flavour. Ingredients look pretty good!

They had a new dry out as well but was in a rush so didn’t have chance to have a proper look.

westie~ma likes this.
  3. icklemunch

icklemunch PetForums Senior

Hi.

Has anybody tried the Rocco real hearts?

Murphy is fed simpsons 80/20 with wet as a topper, which was forthglade grain free,which he has started to turn his nose up at. He gets fed up!

At the mo we have discovered Billy & Margot beef & tripe which he totally wolfs down. But wanting to add abit of variety. Have just added barking heads Salmon, herring and Tuna to my basket and some more Billy &Margot.

4. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Looks interesting! Tried looking on their website but nothing showing up yet. I rarely go to Sainsbury’s though as it’s right the other side of town but will have a look next time I go up there :)

We had the chicken one ages ago, very much looks like the pictures on Zooplus. Went down well here, but then Poppy started getting itchy on chicken so we don’t buy it anymore.

I think if you’re feeding wet as a topper, the more variety the better. Keeps meal times interesting :)

The wolf of wilderness range is very good too.

Mine love Billy & Margot. They are currently on the venison which has lovely big pieces of green beans in.

icklemunch likes this.
  5. icklemunch

@Westie Mum

Thank you!

Yep i agree, will have a look. He is a fussy one and doesnt like anything too strong on flavour ie venison and duck. Though adores tripe and fish. Not ordered yet so will have a look at the wolf of wilderness..thank you for your help.[/QUOTE]

6. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

If he likes tripe, have a look at natures menu beef & tripe pouches. We used them during our elimination diet, Oscar loves them and they are a bit cheaper than Billy & Margot, although not available from Zooplus. Berriewood or
    Petplanet were always the cheapest places to buy them from. Pets at home sell them aswell though.

Arden grange sensitive white fish is popular here too, if you haven’t tried that before and Natures Menu sensitive grain free trays which is fish.

There aren’t many we haven’t tried lol

icklemunch likes this.
  7. BlueJay

BlueJay wag more ★ bark less

My guys really like the Rinti pure tripe tins :) Might be worth a go too!

icklemunch likes this.
  8. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

You tried the Alpha Spirit ones yet ? I’m still waiting for them to go on offer :Shy

9. BlueJay

BlueJay wag more ★ bark less

Just the little one we got in our super box. I'm intruiged by all the fruity flavours though - Rory is going to lose his little mind!!

Westie Mum likes this.
  10. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

Mine are eating the Forthglade Gourmet range at the mo. Am I the only one who didn't know these existed until two weeks ago? o_O

11. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

They came out last summer :Hilarious

12. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

:oops: I had no idea! lol

I mostly do my wet food shop at our local farmers shop and they just started stocking the gourmet range so I just assumed they was new. Haven't seen them in any shops to be honest before now.

13. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

I’m the other way round, I buy everything online so usually spot new stuff pretty quick.

Hope they are going down well. Mine don’t tolerate multi protein very well so a no-go for us sadly.

14. tealover

tealover PetForums Junior

Is there a particular site that is useful please

15. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Useful ? For what ?

16. icklemunch

Thank you. Zooplus order on its way £108 on different tins!! Haha ooops!
    Thank you. Got a few to try :)

17. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Oops ! Easy done though isn't it. I did a Pet at Home order yesterday because they sent me a £5.00 off voucher, so ended up spending £70+ on food i didn't really need right now as i have about 6 months stock of wet food from the last sales everywhere!

Hope Murphy appreciates some of his new foods :)

icklemunch likes this.
  18. icklemunch

Lets see your wet food stashes...

Here's Murphy's 59 cans, he only has it as a topper so a can last 2 1/2 days, should last awhile 20180208_075031.jpg
    And the forthglade he has decided he doesn't like anymore, a friend of mine feeds the homeless on a weekend so this lot will be going to their dogs. Am sure they will appreciate it more than my spoilt brat does :) 20180208_075136.jpg

BlueJay and ladyisla like this.
  19. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Lucky boy :) i would check the dates on forthglade as they usually last ages. You might find he likes it again in a few months :rolleyes:

icklemunch likes this.
  20. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

My last stock take

17930130-2AD5-46AB-9B9D-756857CACEDD.jpeg

And the previous one

0450AB82-905D-42A2-82B5-A91B76F45F5E.jpeg

In my defense - i only buy food when it's on offer and then i stock pile lol

We use 2 tins/trays per day feeding the 3 of them.

My son is in the process of moving out and he has the bigger master bedroom (faces at the front and too noisy for me) - so OH is going to fit a load of shelving in his walk in wardrobe so i no longer have to keep moving food around. It spends the autumn/winter/spring in my heated potting shed but then its too hot in the summer so i have to move it all back into the house.

Plus on top of that, its in various cupboards, the sideboards in the dining room - ive even been known to stash some under out bed :Shamefullyembarrased ... but when places like Billy & Margot have 50% off offers on, i am well and truly going to stock up even if i have no where to put it all :Hilarious

#1200 Westie Mum, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018