Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The Updated Dry Dog Food Index

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by SixStar, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Hi
    Not bad in my opinion.
    There’s a lot worse out there and some better but that depends on your dog.
    The best is always the one that suits.
    May be have a look here https://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/ to get an idea of how it rates generally, if you’re paying over the odds or if there’s better value for your money.
    Always consider the recommended daily amounts. An expensive food you feed less of can work out cheaper than less expensive if you have to feed more of it.

2. Dogluver57

Dogluver57 PetForums Junior

Not for all breeds... high meat or protein can interfere with dogs that have crystals or stones.

It is recommended protein not go higher than 22%.

I work in pharmaceuticals in Animal Health... and just finished a presentation on Dog Food.

Grain Free is causing issues in some breeds when it comes to heart disease. Eliminating grain should primarily be for dogs that have a sensitivity to grain. It's like humans that are sensitive to Gluten.

Dogs have been eating grain for a very long time.

3. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

For someone who works in that area I am actually sadden to read that you are reading into the media hype that grain free foods are causing heart disease in some dogs.
    Let's have some non bias information on the very subject from an animal nutritionist
    https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/food/dog_food/dcm-in-dogs-taurines-role-in-the-canine-diet/

I don't think many of us here think grains are bad at all either.

Torin., Jazzybird and O2.0 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice