Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The Updated Dry Dog Food Index

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by SixStar, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Bhawani Kanagasapay

Bhawani Kanagasapay PetForums Newbie

I have two years old Alaskan malamute ,currently I am giving Royal canine adult joint care dry food. Can anyone suggest best food for him please?

2. JoPedder

JoPedder PetForums Newbie

This is an excellent resource. There are so many pages that I haven't looked at them all, but is there a document or spreadsheet with all the information on somewhere? Our dog is on Harrington, which I'd thought was pretty good, but is listed red so I get to do some research and move her on.

3. pattyslay

pattyslay PetForums Newbie

very helpful thanks appreciated

4. Veba

Veba PetForums Member

Www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk is a good site.

5. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

Quite annoyed to have discovered recently that Harringtons have discontinued their Hypoallergenic range - it ticked all the boxes for me and suited the dogs (particularly sensitive Gelly) so well. They still have the standard range and the grain free kibble, neither of which agree with Gelert - I bought a small bag of the GF when I couldn't find any of the Hypoallergenic on the shelves and it actually made Gelert ill, Toby finished it off and was fine though. I don't want or need to feed grain free anyway but it's the in thing.
    It was very similar to Autarky which I will go back to, it was just so convenient to be able to pick up a 5kg bag of the Harringtons in Asda instead of ordering online.

6. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

The grain free trend is interesting isn’t it. I have Elliot on a grain free food, not because I want to, but because it’s the only decent food in my price range without some form of fish in it (fish makes him really sick). I would actually prefer him to be on a protein and rice recipe.

lullabydream and picaresque like this.
  7. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

My sensitive boy does best on a rice based food as well. Grain free is great for some dogs no doubt but I like to have options other than the usual maize heavy stuff or potato based. Don't leave us behind, dog food manufacturers!

lullabydream likes this.
  8. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Maisie does better with rice in foods too. She's had a variety to maintain weight.

picaresque likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice